• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Band Fill..???

Lucy- great news...you got there in the end! Well done and good luck. Keep eating healthily and you'll be fine xx

Hi All,

I havent been on for a while.
So an update... I am flying to Prague on Sunday for my first band fill on Monday, I am so excited, hopefully this will kick start the weightloss.

I also emailed the company I booked it with today (Bodies Beautiful) and asked if they can help me arrange transport and hotel. And I got a lovely reply (not) that states they have sent all of my files back and they cannot help me any further because I contacted the clinic directly regarding the band fill and that I made that decision myself I automatically stopped their service.. I am so annoyed at their service. Its shocking. They are supposed to be
providing me with post op care!!

What do you all think?

Thanks xxx

Goodness Lucy what appalling service. I really think you should either get the CAB involved or even taken legal advice. They are trying to get out of the contract with you on some very dodgy grounds. They should not be allowed to take your money and then get out of fulfilling their end of the deal. I really am appalled.

tranquil x

Hi All,

I havent been on for a while.
So an update... I am flying to Prague on Sunday for my first band fill on Monday, I am so excited, hopefully this will kick start the weightloss.

I also emailed the company I booked it with today (Bodies Beautiful) and asked if they can help me arrange transport and hotel. And I got a lovely reply (not) that states they have sent all of my files back and they cannot help me any further because I contacted the clinic directly regarding the band fill and that I made that decision myself I automatically stopped their service.. I am so annoyed at their service. Its shocking. They are supposed to be
providing me with post op care!!

What do you all think?

Thanks xxx

If you both signed a contract and you was not aware of this (contacting the clinic regarding a fill and as a result Bodies Beautiful "terminating" their part of the deal) or they didn't omit to tell you this in the contract, then they have broken the contract they have with you and I would seek legal advice asap and any further dealings with them I would put in writing, plz do not let them hoodwink you into thinking that this is acceptable as it isnt. You need legal advise and a solicitor to go over the contract with a fine tooth comb. Plz let us know how you get on xx

I'm at the airport ready for band fill number 1 tomorrow!

So any tips?? Will the weightloss improve now? I've gone back to old eating ways :(

So I've had my first band fill. They put 1.5ml in. I am still hungry.

Is this normal?? I don't know what to think anymore

lclucy89 said:
So I've had my first band fill. They put 1.5ml in. I am still hungry.

Is this normal?? I don't know what to think anymore

Hello - yes, it's perfectly normal . Ive just had my 3rd fill - 6ml in a 9ml band (1st was 3ml then 2ml now 1ml) it's best to take it slowly as if it were filled to soon and by too much you won't learn to eat slowly, chew well etc and you could find that nothing stays down if too tight. It can be frustrating but this part is a vital part of your weigh loss journey. Start experimenting with your food types - you say your hungry - are you eating the right foods? I used to have dry cereal for break fast but was hungry soon after so I changed to an omelette and the difference is amazing . It's a learning curve - your band will at times appear to have a mind of it's own - one dat can tolerate something (onions for example) next time they will get stuck !!

I am really enjoying these early days whilst having fills as it's all about change - new meal ideas , experimenting with foods never eaten before , exercise etc .

It also helped me to keep a food diary - very simple but very effective in enable me to monitor what made me full, did I go to the loo (sorry !) how much water I drank etc

Hope this helps - I'm relatively new at this but I'm so in favour of sharing tips and experiences.

Michelle xxx

Thanks for that great post! Really helpful!

I just feel at the minute I am wasting money. I just am not losing weight I can't control my eating. It was great at first but now I am back to my old ways. I have no self control which is why I had it in the first place I thought it would help a little. Its a nightmare. I'm so fed up with it all. I'm supposed to be just on liquids for a week now also but I can't stick to it coz I am so so hungry.

I am useless!! I fail at everything..

Sorry for the downer I can just be honest on here!
Xxx

Lucy - sorry that you have had such disgusting treatment from your provider (not).

As they are under obligation to fulfill the contract that you had with them; and they have backed out on it for dubious reasons, then you really need to get some help! Have you looked online to find out if there is a forum for the company that you dealt with ( see if there have been any other complaints about them; and if so check how others have dealt with it! This will give you ammunition when you need to get some legal advice through CB etc;

Although you have had your first band fill now, this will be the time to put in place the building blocks to losing weight.
As you should be on liquids at the moment.....go back to the beginning and think about how you coped with the milk diet. If you are feeling hungry are you getting enough liquids? You should be attempting to drink up to 2 litres or so daily. How is your water consumption? Try to up your intake by an extra glass a day....little steps to start with. Think why you originally wanted this surgery and how that, although you needed it.....you also needed to do your bit to make it work!

Don`t panic and stress - to get back on track you need to give yourself a good talking to, and tell yourself that the surgery wont work without your strong mind to push it forward and get the results you want.

Have you started any excercise yet? Yet again little steps and a little more each week will make great improvements for you.
Decide what you like to do, whether swimming, walking, cycling, gym etc; or any combination of these will make a brilliant difference to your weight loss. To begin with you wont feel like doing a lot but gradually as your weight moves off, you will feel more energised ( which also brings in the good endorphins that help you feel able to do anything.)

On this website if you look under the green banner above you will find hundreds of recipes and ways of dealing with every stage of eating, when you have had fills etc; have a dig around and you will be amazed at what you find.
We are all here to give (((hugs))) and support you; so don`t be despondent and fight the fight!

As I said little steps daily, then weekly and you will see progress!

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Last edited:
Another great reply thank you.

I am going food shopping tonight so I'm going to get some nice things liquid wise.

I probs don't drink enough, but I am trrying to build that up.
I am going to try and reduce portion sizes drastically. My first few weeks after the op were easy, I didn't get hungry and I didn't want to eat loads and I thought the band fill would take me back to that. I think I ex0pected far too much from this experience

Xxx

Hi Lucy

Kat has given you some good advice but here's some more x

You will always still feel hunger. The trick is recognising real hunger over head hunger.

If you are 'really' hungry have something, if its between meals, try a drink and see if that works.

The band is a tool and if you work with it and establish some good habbits early on you will succeed!

Thanks all for your lovely posts.
As expected I messed up yesterday but I went to asda last night so I've bought some things I can have. So I'm going to try really hard today! I need to beat this and I'm going to the gym tonight also! So fingers crossed ill have a good day!

Hope everyone else is doing good on their weightloss journey

Xx

I've lost 2lbs :) xx

Fantastic Lucy. You have been given some solid advice here so build on that. You really need to sort out things with your provider as you may need more fills and you do not need to go through all the hassle you have had to date.

Keep going.

tranquil x

It's great that you are now loosing. Have a great week this week too

Keep it going! Its a nice feeling isn't it :) xx

I was banded by the same company who made me feel that requesting a fill meant that I was failing. Glad to hear that you're getting sorted out and this forum is wonderful for advice.

Ok, so, I have had the band fill, lost 5lbs in the first 2 weeks. Now I feel I cant stop eating again. What is going on????! Is the band not working?!
Or am I just useless and a failure at losing weight?
xx

Back