• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First day of the 5 day pouch test

Good Luck with the carb reducing, I could murder some bread but I darent! It was one of my weaknesses pre-op and Im scared of loosing control with bread! Great news about your loose trousers :D.....dont loose em though! XX

Well done on sticking to it Julie. Will you go get weighed gain in the morning to see if its any different? Apart from the odd bit of toast I find I struggle with carbs now. Protein's good. :)
Grace xxx

Well done on sticking to it Julie. Will you go get weighed gain in the morning to see if its any different? Apart from the odd bit of toast I find I struggle with carbs now. Protein's good. :)
Grace xxx

No Grace, i won't weigh in the morning. I did it tonight because the weather looks pants for tomorrow and i'm going to stay in my lovely warm house :) with my lovely warm husband :). We are going to start using the wii to weigh in. As for the carbs, bread is my nemesis and still loves me as much as i love him xxxx

Well done Julie and for still thinking positive. I know if I weigh myself more than once in a day the scales are always different, being a lot heavy in the afternoon/evening.

Protein is defo the way to go so good luck hun you will get there. xxx

Good luck Julie, I havent had bread for 20 months so it can be done! x

Do you choose not to have it Mazza, or does it just not 'sit' right for you?

What have you substituted for it?

I'm lucky that bread no longer likes me. I've had granary but even that isn't great. I'm thinking I may give it up altogether too.

Yeah Allie i think it's been inches rather than lbs. As i said i only lost about 6lb last month, but my friend at work who was off for 3 weeks on holidays said she could see a difference. I think i'm losing inches when not losing lbs....

Thanks for your good wishes, mean a lot to me. How is your weather over on Lewis?

Do you choose not to have it Mazza, or does it just not 'sit' right for you?

What have you substituted for it?

I was told prior to having my band that bread rice and pasta are not good band choices and can cause the pouch to swell etc so I chose to not even attempt them and gave them up from the pre op diet! Before I gave them up I could eat soooooo much of either of them.

The thought of getting something stuck put me right off what was my downfall volume eating wise.

So yes I chose not to have it, sometimes I think about trying a slice of toast which apparantly is more managable but one could lead to two and so on.........just like a bit of pasta and a bit of rice.

I dont really have alternatives Ive just made a complete change to what would of been a 'normal' breakfast, dinner and tea type meal. No more toast for brekkie, sandwhich for lunch and rice/pasta based dishes for tea ;) instead having even more fruit and veg plus low fat protein.

I know cutting down on carbs is a nightmare but it really is worth it weight loss wise, so I have found anyway x

Mazza as I'm thinking of giving up bread etc too; what do you choose to eat instead?
Would you for instance have a salad?
what about for breakfast?

Hi Grace

For breakfast first thing I have a good old cup of tea. Later on I have yoghurt with fruit or a spoon of museli, or occasionaly cereal (fruit and fibre is my favourite) and then theres the cooked variations at the weekend that would be brunch / lunch. I struggle to eat breakfast first thing (always have) so tend to eat it mid morning.

For lunch yes salads, I really love beetroot to add a bit of volume and things like edamame beans add lots of protein.

Sorry to hijack your thread Julie ;)

Well I think you've done really well as it can come as a real shock to the system .....well that's what its designed for. Bread is the devil's cousin isn't it? Even if I am stuffed and can't finish my (now quite sizeable tea) I can still down 2 sices of toast shortly afterwards. For some, me included, weight loss slows so much as you get towards the year out and temptations chose that moment to go into bleddy overdrive so 6lbs in a month sounds good to me. I only lost just over 3 stone from 9 months out but trickle off or not, stall or not it still exited stage left eventually. The big kick came for me when I reluctantly cut the carbs down. I still mourn them every day and notice they have crept in again. So I'm taking your example and getting them gone again.

Take care

M

I agree with M Julie. You have done really well and you have focussed your mind on your eating habits. If you hadn't had the Go-Aheads you may have thought "Oh, that was easy, I can do that whenever I want to" and then slipped back into the bad habits agin very quickly. The fact that you did it while doing the 5dpt will stick with you. I can, and do, eat bread and other carbs a bit too readily, but try and do the complex ones rather than the processed ones. That's not to say they are out of my diet completely, life is for enjoying too! If you enjoy something don't make yourself (and others?) miserable just because you eat a couple of biscuits.

Have you got restriction now? that seems to come and go with me and has a habit of biting me when I least expect it.

Keep warm sweetie. xx

Thinking of doing this mydelf as I have lost only a couple of pounds in the last 6 months. Can you have cupa soups on day 1&2

Thanx

You completed it Julie and that's what counts. So how has your restriction been today?

I've done 2 days (bit hardly ate anything Thursday too) and I haven't felt hungry once today.

Well done Julie on completing the 5 days you did it yeeeaah! The weather in Lewis has been better than on the mainland still got snow but everyone kept on the move. Only prob now is the big thaw and lots of burst pipes ( not me) but we have no water as a result! Big hugs xx

My restriction feels better, but my head keeps telling me that i really want a piece of bread n butter cos i only had half a two egg omelette for my tea. It's not that i'm hungry, but i could eat it quite easily i reckon, but i'm not going too....

I jogged for 10 minutes on my wii fit, did 6 minute fixed slow step routine then 10 minutes free step with a goal of 800 steps, i did just over 1200 and feel 'flab-u-less'.

Bring on 2011, this not so fat momma is waiting to embrace it....

Back