• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Fill Tomorrow

coppernob1971

Not a fan of needles (however fine they are!!) but looking forward to starting this part of the journey.

How was everyone else's first fill experience?

It's just a bit weird and over in an instant!!! The strangest bit is your port if you haven't found it yet!! I was like I don't remember swallowing a golf ball!!!! You'll be fine x

I am still waiting on my first fill too. I can feel my port easily so hopefully that issue will not come into play. Not a fan of needles either but I am sure as others have suggested it will be over very quickly.
What size of band do you have and have they told you already how many fills you will get? Does anyone know who determins how much of a fill you get? Just curious :)
Good luck for tomorrow, will be looking forward to hearing how it goes :)

Hi I've got a 10ml band which had 4 mls put in at time of procedure. My dietician told me that the actual amount in the bit around my stomach may be less than 4 mls because there is the tubing from the port to the band itself to take into account.

I'm not sure what they'll put in tomorrow but I hope at least 1 - 1.5 mls. I'm doing ok but I can feel that I'm not as restricted as I was! I have another appointment in about 4 weeks for another fill alongside another dietician's appt.

Will keep you posted!

Back