• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first meal out

mayamoo

Today I returned home after spending nearly four weeks recovering at my sisters to say thanks I took my sis her hubby and their two children out for lunch to a fab restaurant xalled rose cottage, the food was fantastic as were the staff when I explained is had surgery and couldn't eat much they allowed me to order from the children's menu so roast old spot pork loin Sunday lunch for me! The portion was still very generous so they boxed up my leftovers for me to take home (just has it for tea ) and managed about two thirds of it.

I won't be afraid in future to explain (they dont need to know details) and ask for a child's portion in future, saving me money and feeling like I'm eating too much xx

There are cards you can get to show in restaurants saying you've had gastric surgery and asking if you can order from the children's menu or order smaller portions.

Not been able to get hold of one myself but looking into it.

Tatiana

There are cards you can get to show in restaurants saying you've had gastric surgery and asking if you can order from the children's menu or order smaller portions.

Not been able to get hold of one myself but looking into it.

Tatiana
ive heard that you can get them from the BOSPA website xxx

ive heard that you can get them from the BOSPA website xxx

to get one thought you have to join bospa and its £20! xx cheaper to make ya own x

Raynebubble said:
to get one thought you have to join bospa and its £20! xx cheaper to make ya own x

There was a lady on a social network group offering them for free. I will have a look x

I'm really self conscious of the type of surgery I've had so personally wouldn't feel comfortable explaining obesity surgery in a restaurant full of people but I'm happy to say I'm recovering from surgery and don't have much of an appetite xxx

Thats why I like the idea of the card cause 'hopefully' you shouldnt have to say anything.

I found the lady and have left her a message. Once she gets back to me, I shall let you all know :)

I'm really self conscious of the type of surgery I've had so personally wouldn't feel comfortable explaining obesity surgery in a restaurant full of people but I'm happy to say I'm recovering from surgery and don't have much of an appetite xxx

agree with this!

I could quite easily print and laminate small cards saying this but I would rather not explain my personal situation to strangers tbh!

Must say I'd rather not use them...I choose to eat out and pay for whatever so all I do is order say just a starter or accept in advance I will at best only eat half my plate...but we're all different,I just don't like to make a big deal of it

Tim and I eat out every week, 3 times last week. I just order a starter which is just the right size for me and usually comes with a salad garnish which is the perfect size salad. Sometimes if I'm having a dodgy food day I just have a few bites from Tim's plate. I've never been questioned by waiting staff if I ask for a side plate, or use the plate that comes for rolls etc. If I have too much food on my plate I always ask for a doggy bag and either me or the dog eats it the next day. Only our local pub restaurant know I've had surgery as they used to heat up a tin of soup for me (that I took in with me) when I was on the pre-op and they are fabulous.

Kate x

I've eaten out at lots of different places and always just order a child's portion, or something from the 'lighter bites' section.
I've never been questioned or refused a child's meal. Even when we went out for Christmas lunch I just advised them that due to stomach surgery I could only eat a small portion and the restaurant were more than happy to oblige. Therefore, I don't really see any necessity for a card.

I am looking forward to having meals out, I am 5 weeks post op so I am 3 weeks away from normal food. seems such a long way away!

I got questioned in the harvester yesterday about ordering a children's meal as it's for age 12 and under, I had to then explain I had surgery etc & it still had to be cleared with the manager. so I'd rather just order & show the card & have no fuss. After all im a normal person that wants To eat if i have to show a card then fine, I'm not ashamed of having my bypass I couldn't care less if the whole world knows it's a brave thing to go through I had a problem with food now I've got help. This is my journey to care about so not bothered about others. Just saves time more than anything lol

fatnomoreclo said:
I got questioned in the harvester yesterday about ordering a children's meal as it's for age 12 and under, I had to then explain I had surgery etc & it still had to be cleared with the manager. so I'd rather just order & show the card & have no fuss. After all im a normal person that wants To eat if i have to show a card then fine, I'm not ashamed of having my bypass I couldn't care less if the whole world knows it's a brave thing to go through I had a problem with food now I've got help. This is my journey to care about so not bothered about others. Just saves time more than anything lol

I think I will feel the same as you. Would hate having to explain when questioned x

Angela Chouaib "‎Sophie - i replied to your other post hun... send a stamped addressed envelope to secret surgery 47 green lane, isle of grain, rochester, kent, me3 0dq - i have a few left.."

this is from the lady on the social networking site group x

Angela Chouaib "‎Sophie - i replied to your other post hun... send a stamped addressed envelope to secret surgery 47 green lane, isle of grain, rochester, kent, me3 0dq - i have a few left.."

this is from the lady on the social networking site group x

I did but no response ..... assume she ran out.

Anyone else get lucky ????

I have now produced a draft thing myself in Microsoft Word using the template on one of the links from page 1 of this thread.

I got mine off Vikki. Not sure if she has ran out too. I think they are made on Vistaprint.

I wish the NHS were clever and provided ones too. Even if we had to pay for them :)

I got mine off Vikki. Not sure if she has ran out too. I think they are made on Vistaprint.

I wish the NHS were clever and provided ones too. Even if we had to pay for them :)

Yes I got them printed from Vistaprint. I have some left. I have added a copy so you can see what they are like.
I don't use it much as I still just have a little off my hubby's late at this time x

Attachments

• Menu-cardproof.jpg
    Menu-cardproof.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Medical-cardProof.jpg
    Medical-cardProof.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 49
Back