• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First post

wildgardener

Don't know why I feel nervous about posting but I have been researching for wls for almost a year now, and thought joining this forum might give me the extra incentive I need to actually do something. Current front-runner is a trip to Prague to have a gastric sleeve. Will have to pay but I have been so unhappy about my size now for so long, it has to be worth it. Lost 5 stone on LighterLife a few years ago but put it all back on - and more!
It has been interesting to read other people's posts and as I am doing this on my own I think it might give me the support I need as well.

Wildgardener welcome :) I was nervous about posting when I first joined a couple of weeks before my band surgery, but, this is the first time I have not felt judged for my size and the first time I have felt genuinely supported in my battle against my weight. I truly hope that this will be the same for you too :)

I also lost 5 stone in the 3 months on lighter life, but the program made me incredibly ill, and I put it all back on and 3 stone on top. So, I understand and relate to that ongoing battle, something that I've experienced like you, through life.

Welcome ~ you'll find great support here and lots of ideas to help you on your way. Shout if you ever want to chat . . .not having any real support irl, I understand it can be a lonely journey!

Kat x

Welcome to the forum wildgardener. I think most of us were nervous of posting on here at first, but you will soon settle in, and find lots of advice and support on here, it really is invaluable to help you through your weight loss journey. I also am on my own and empathise with you on that score.. In some ways it is so hard to go it alone, but there are also the advantages such as:- not having to cook food for others, and only buying in food that you can eat rather than be tempted by all the goodies you have to buy for a family, and you will find lots of people on here that have also gone to prague for weight loss surgery so you will be able to gets lots of useful info from their experiences I'm sure. Good luck with your journey, I hope it is a nice smooth ride xxx

Just wanted to say Hello :)

Welcome! You were right to join.....this is the first place I come when I'm a little worried about something or have a question to ask. Everyone is so helpful and you never feel judged. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Hello and welcome to the orum. Any questions ... Just throw them at us. You will get lots of different but enlightening answers, I am sure :D

hi i'm a newbie to. have read lots of posts on here and all are so informative. read all 15 pages of karlos thread lat night. what a man! i have my referral appt on 27th sept at luton and will be armed and ready with all my questions thanks to this site. good luck with your appts and perhaps keepin touch via here. Angela.

Back