• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first puree meal

Wonderlust

Three weeks today started drink water/soups post op, so today I started my puree stage.

Had a single wheatabix and ss milk.

So far so good :)

Good luck :) hope it continues to go well for you :)

Thanks.

Still having soup etc for other meals, although I am no longer blending them, just having the lumps lol.

Wonderlust said:
Thanks.

Still having soup etc for other meals, although I am no longer blending them, just having the lumps lol.

Makes all the difference to the mental satisfaction of the soup lol

True.

Just going to try one puree item a day so if I suddenly get some dumping I can identify what it is.

Thats a brilliant idea, good way to do it, then you can eliminate things. good start xx

Well I guess I've the rest of my life to try :)

Wonderlust said:
True.

Just going to try one puree item a day so if I suddenly get some dumping I can identify what it is.

That's a brilliant idea and is what they suggest. So well done.

You seem to be very clear, organised and focused :)

Ok had another wheatabix for breakfast today, reduced the Semi skimmed milk from 150ml to 100ml.

Felt full a lot quicker.

Had an egg scrambled for dinner tonight with a tiny amount of cheese and a tablespoon of baked beans.

I am not a lover of scrambled egg, hence the "extras".

Im on the sloppy diet at the moment...heres some things ive found that are mmmm

Weetabix and milk
ready break and milk
mashed banana and custard
mashed potato and mashed baked beans
mashed avocado
mashed egg and light mayonnaise

Guys I've just started purée stage & struggling. Have had weetabix with milk, fairly runny consistancy, can just about manage half. Tried mashed up avocado but it made me sick. Tried puréed fish & mash, made me sick. Tried puréed mince beef & mash, felt like I had cement in my chest. Managed some lentils & carrot puréed up - was OK.
Only having tiny pixie portions & taking it very slowly. Feel like I will never eat again. Boo hoo! May try a lightly scrambled egg tomorrow or then again just have a soup day. Seeing team at hopital on Thurs & having another endoscope on May 3rd which may sort me out.

Sorry to hear that.

I know I am only two days in, but so far so good.

Bellydancer57 said:
Guys I've just started purée stage & struggling. Have had weetabix with milk, fairly runny consistancy, can just about manage half. Tried mashed up avocado but it made me sick. Tried puréed fish & mash, made me sick. Tried puréed mince beef & mash, felt like I had cement in my chest. Managed some lentils & carrot puréed up - was OK.
Only having tiny pixie portions & taking it very slowly. Feel like I will never eat again. Boo hoo! May try a lightly scrambled egg tomorrow or then again just have a soup day. Seeing team at hopital on Thurs & having another endoscope on May 3rd which may sort me out.

Purée didn't suit my system either. Now my food is stiffer, I have not been sick once

Hope its all going well, Wonderlust.

I am finding out what I can eat comfortably, discovered that Weetabix fills me too much, only managing half. So eggs are my breakfast this week..will try Weetabix again in a couple of weeks.
I have lots and lots of little plastic pots of shepherds pies and fish pies...had a lovely time making those! My dog was so excited to smell food being cooked again!

I have a mousse each day , too....low fat treat :)

Everything is going fine I think.

Food wise I can eat a whole wheatabix with 100ml of milk with out issue, although I am training my self not to eat too fast.

I am using a teaspoon rather than a normal spoon and I am only having a spoon full a minimum of every 30 seconds.

What worries me is that I am not getting the feeling of being full.

Did the same thing with my Scrambled eggs last night, but did start to feel full and stopped.

I am starting to get a sore point/painfull area from my navel to the right. Nowhere near any of my wounds.

As for treats, I have a very sweet tooth so I am trying to avoid things like Mousse etc, becasue I fear if I start I will not stop.

Although i am having a Petit Filous daily as they are high in protein.

Im on the sloppy diet at the moment...heres some things ive found that are mmmm

Weetabix and milk
ready break and milk
mashed banana and custard
mashed potato and mashed baked beans
mashed avocado
mashed egg and light mayonnaise

Sophie does the sugar in baked beans not worry you or do you not have the 'sauce'?

Blue is a bandster Heather :)

For bypassers reduced sugar ones are good. Aldi ones are lovely :)

Thx for this I might try going onto slightly stiffer foods. Today I'm just having some soup oz I feel so full but a little dizzy.

Just had, and enjoyed, some Cauliflower Cheese.

went down really well let's hope it stays the that way.

Back