• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First step on my journery

buttery

Hi there i have just got back from my last appoitment with Dr Heartland i have just finished my 6 month wm course and Dr Heartland said he going to write of to the balatric team and apply for surgery i so happy i no there is a long way to go from here but its the first step, could anyone tell me who as done the wm course how long after your final appoitment did you wait to hear anything and what happens next really??? xx

Can't help with yr questions but wanted to wish you good luck. xx

Just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world :)

Thanks Guys i am not holding my hopes up though reading some story's on here from walsall patients and i think its going to be a long journey x

good luck hun, ive just been refered to so we many be goin on our journey together.

ditzeeblonde can i just ask i seen on ur message that wen u got refered in june and now ur having ur op september thats brill how did u get it done so quick? wat hospital u at xx

Good Luck, hope you don't have to wait too long, Karen x

Good luck hun - hope you don't have to wait too long.
Ditzee - I saw your dates too - 3 months from referral to op - thats great! My referral was lost for 3 months! lol Hoping the multidisciplinary team agree and funding will be a few months after so I reckon early new year for me, fingers crossed!

Buttery i reckon K8y bear is your best bet for info! She's the most recent i think!

Laura if i remember rightly you are Heartlands so it's a different ball game hun xx

Chichester have an 18 week process that they adhere too once the referral is agreed.....Linzi was still superquick :)

Last edited:
hope i dont have to wait long iv been refered to a surgeon at birmingham heartlands hospital the dr said it be about 2-3 months from wen i get my first appointment ill have my op but someone on ere said that wouldnt be possible so not sure x

Well i come under Walsall Manor and some of the story's that i read on here ii dont think i will ever get mine done because they are in a right state at the manor so i hear so just got to keep fingers crossed going to give it 6 weeks and if i dont hear nothing i will ring them xx

guys I know its frustrating and I totally understand, as i was kept waiting ages, I was told in the may of 2008 that i would have my op in the next x2 months and my operation didnt happen until jan 2009, all i say is use the time to prepare yourself, as it is not just the case of walk in, have the op , lose weight hey presto we have to learn to change and if you can do some of the head stuff now it will definately help you later.... On another note, sorry but I work for the NHS and so I am seeing this first hand... The NHS are under massive pressure because the number of referrals per week has just gone through the roof, so if you are already in the system think yourselfs lucky cos it may well get harder in the future until they can employ enough staff to meet the need.... sorry for going on, its a bit of a passion!!

Yeah i can understand what your saying, i think we just dont no what else to do and with all the news about it in the press i just carnt see us getting it done and i dont no what else to do just have to keep waiting and hope for the best xx

Back