• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First step towards being a slim mummy

jules66

I've been overweight all my life. After having my beautiful daughter last year I found out I've got a hernia possibly as a result of the cesarean scar or maybe from the previous op I had in 2011. Doctors told me I needed to loose 6 stone to have it repaired. So I joined the their 3 course and managed to loose just over a stone in the 6months. I'm now 2 weeks away from having my band and starting my LCD tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Day one of the lcd wasn't too bad

Breakfast - 1 weetabix with skimmed milk

Mid morning snack - small apple

Lunch - egg salad with 1 slice of wholemeal bread & small banana

Dinner - mushroom stirfly (had to pick out the Carrott) with smoked cod

Drinks - 6 decaff coffees & pint vimto

Ok so a weekend away with a set menu whilst on the lcd preop diet wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. After speaking with the hospital dietician prior to going "pick at the meal" was the advice I was given and that's what I did. Didn't have any of the dessert as advised not to and by the looks of everyone's faces probably wasn't a bad idea anyway as the lemon meringue pie was rather sharp. Thought I might weigh myself this morning to see how I'm getting on after 4 days!!
Day 0 (day before starting the lcd) = 17st 13
Day 4 = 17st 9
Total loss =4lbs

So it's finally here! The week I have my band fitted! The diet hasn't been too bad. Was supposed to be spending the weekend getting the house clean and tidy before the op but that hasn't gone to plan. Am also a little worried I've not lost as much weight as they wanted me to on the lcd. How much did others loose the two weeks before their op?

Thanks that makes me feel better. Op is Thursday and so far I've only lost 8lbs. The anethetusst told me to loose 10kg which I'm not where near doing but have been really strict on the lcd diet.

I only let 9lb. Xxx

Good luck.

Well op was a success. The surgeon was very pleased even though the op took longer than expected due to having to remove some scar tissue from my previous op and now I'm at home again! Looking forward to seeing my beautiful daughter when she gets home from Nursery.

Awww hunni onlly just caught your thread :) welcome to a fab friendly site and congrats on your op....wishing you a the very best on your wl journey......... bet your daughter was very pleased to she her mummy home x x x x

Yay! Welcome to the other side! The site is amazing...everyone so supportive and full of brilliant advice. Good luck with the first few days...xxxxx

Back