• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First step towards being a slim mummy

Christmas hasn't been too bad. Was onto mashed food xmas day so was able to have a semi normal roast dinner. Boxing day wasn't so easy as we normally have a cheese board and I love cheese so I did have some spreadable cheese and some cracker bread.

Wow that's amazing! I hope I can do that in my first month! Aiming for 1/2 stone month but if I could do 20 in the first month I'll be at goal by November! My surgery is 3rd feb and I can't wait!!

Yeh much easier now I'm back at work and all the Christmas food is gone. Weight loss has slowed a bit but I'm waiting to see the consultant tomorrow for the first time since the op when I'm hoping to get the all clear to start back at the gym. In total I've lost a stone post op so in total since starting the preop diet 25lbs. I've had to buy some new clothes as my old ones are starting to look silly but only got some essentials as hopefully won't be in them for long.

So it's almost July and only 3st down since my band. It's not been as easy as I had hoped! Lack of exercise probably hasn't helped but due to my hernia which is soon to be repaired I struggle to exercise plus having a full time job and a 2 year old doesn't leave alot of time for much else! Seem to have lost my mojo recently and really need to get back on it! Haven't lost anything In the last 2 months since I saw the surgeon. Going to get a rollicking when I go back this week but hopefully get another fill which will hopefully help!

How much fill do you have? I have 7.5ml in my band and an losing at a rate of around 2lb per week. I've lost over 4st since my op in feb.
I think having the fill should help you, I found the first few months were pure will power, and that's fine at first but very quickly faded!

3 stone is a great amount of weight to loose. I always find that if my head isn't in the right place, I can't loose weight, band or no band. I've struggled to get my last stone & a half off & ive joined slimming world. It's helped me so much & after 2 months of my head being in the wrong place, I've got my mojo back & im loosing again. Pm me if you need to. I've had my band nearly 18 months now & I'm happy to help in any way I can.

I think I only have about 4ml in my band and I have the larger size band. I've only had 2 fills since my op in December. Think I really need to get my mojo back. Holidays, bbqs and weekends away really aren't helping either.

So I saw the surgeon again today! Had another band fill which takes me up to 6ml now. Had my weigh in and I'd some how managed to loose another half a stone since I was here last taking me down to 94.9kg and a bmi of 36!

Back