• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Tier 3 Appt with Spire So'ton, what to expect?

xmidgetgemx

Hey all,

I was referred to Tier 3 in September and today have received my first two appointments through.. First is January 8th next year with a Nutrition & Health Advisor (solo appt), and the other is Feb 25th with Motivation and Change Therapist (group appt).

I was wondering if anyone has any advice about what to expect or anything as I'm pretty nervous..

Thankyou :)

Hi I started my tier three January and completed July. Very friendly cognitive therapy brilliant although I only had three appointments. Dietitians appointment they talk about food portions, good bad foods filling foods and they do your weigh in monthly mine was for six appointments over six months. Fitness coach again six appointments over six months talking about small changes in fitness. They asked me to loose 5-10% of my start weight which I did and I was referred to tier four which was extreMly quick from September I had surgery in November. The spire team are great listen and do what they say and you will benefit.

In my case A letter to gp and then gp sent referral

Hi same as beepbeepcat, except I didn't have any fitness coaching as I lived in Bournemouth and they said nearest was too far so I just bit the bullet and went to the gym.
Only suggestion for the first appointment is relax, they want to help you and they are lovely especially Sally, just be yourself and good luck xxx

Hi same as beepbeepcat, except I didn't have any fitness coaching as I lived in Bournemouth and they said nearest was too far so I just bit the bullet and went to the gym. Only suggestion for the first appointment is relax, they want to help you and they are lovely especially Sally, just be yourself and good luck xxx

Thankyou Jen, I live in Bournemouth also, what gym did u go to?

My first appointment is with Sally

Sally is lovely

How do you find it at Pelhams? I take my little one to her swimming lessons there.. I look at people going up to the gym.. And they all look super fit lol..

Is there anything not to do..? Or anything that is frowned upon in the WLS world?

Hi, it's fine honestly I was terrified when I started thought it would be just "the beautiful people" but there really is all shapes sizes ages etc everyone seems to just plug the headphones in and you're into a world of your own, I like to watch TV before you know it you've racked up half an hour on the treadmill and not missed eastenders lol I also did aqua fit which is actually hilarious and again no-one cares what size you are because everyone is there for the same reason very friendly group and surprisingly easy, can't wait for the pool to reopen xxx

Back