• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FIRST WEEK OF .........

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Well weekly weigh in and for the 1st time since bypass(11 weeks ago today) i haven't lost any weight boo hoo! I know i obviously couldn't keep up at the rate i was going but for those of you lovely peeps that this happened to did you change anything or is it just part of the journey thanks in advance guys xx

hiya hun, Im in week 2 of the stall.

But :fingerscrossed: its moving now, I've been scale jumping...yeah I know... and there seems to be 1lb missing, gone running for the hills hopefully.
I cant say I have been doing anything different, I did start the gym 2 weeks ago but didnt go last week as I had that pulling pain..wasnt worth the risk.
Im not sure if Im eating enough though, sounds daft but from experience with diets if I dont eat enough I dont lose weight.

All that said nothing has gone on so Im pleased for that.

Hopefully its just your body catching up with the trauma of the op hun and it will move in a few days :D

:talk017:I've read that lots of people kick start any stall by increasing their protein intake and drinking lots of water. Well done on your weight loss so far.

Hiya allie, Mine stalls sometimes for about 3 weeks:eek: its a gutter I know! but then you hop onto the scales and bumph about 1/2 a stones gone sometimes overnight:eek: Its so weird how it works. Gail.x

Ive not hit a stall yet Allie, but I'm a couple of weeks behind you so expecting my first stall anytime soon.

I would say, dont worry. It seems as if most people hit a stall at some point. There are a few fortunate people that lose something every week.

Like Elffie, I too worry about whether Im eating enough so I know that if a stall comes its certainly not because Im overeating. I guess its just back to basics. Make sure you are getting enough fluids in, and try to eat protein when you can.

Hope things get moving for you again soon hun xx

Hi,

well done on your weight loss so far!

I had a stall for 3 week. I was concerned but it seems a common thing for most people. I wasn't very well at the time and on antibiotic's. I don't know if that had anything to do with it?

I increased my food and water intake as other people had recommended.

The good news it the weight does start falling off again so don't worry!

I have an appointment with my consultant next week and I will ask him about it.

Hi Allie hun well 11 weeks and just now a stall well thats not bad at all hun, soz cant offer you any advice as u know i am pre op lol.
All i will say is dont let it bother you even if u stall for another week or so as eventually our bodies need time to catch up with the massive amounts of weight we have lost and u have lost mega loads, am sure if next few weeks ur losses will be back on track and putting massive smiles back on ur face again.
Take care hun, will try and buzz ya over the weekend for a chat, chat soon luv Roch xxx

hi allie, i had a 2/3wk stall 6 weeks after my bypass, it is gutting especially when your in the swing of things but dont worry it's only a matter of time and your weight will take off again x

sounds awful but the more I hear about people stalling about 6-8 weeks after bypass the better I feel lol:D
Not because you have stalled, just because the more state it the more common it then becomes !

We will move it soon GG dont worry hun :D

hi alison
i had my stall at week 3 i didnt lose any weight that week ( i weigh everyday first thing old habits die hrd and i prefer to know) but during that week i lost inches and then started losing weight the week after.

Back