• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First week post op questions

Wow 37lbs in 7 weeks that's amazing ! I bet you can see a real difference now. What kind of foods are you eating now and what are your portion sizes like. Just wanted some ideas really in 10 days out and can't wait to get onto the next stage. Do you ever allow yourself s treat? Xx

So my average day is:
1 weetabix with fortified milk
A liberte yoghurt
100ml soup (about 4g of protein)
2 crackerbreads with some Philadelphia on them
A protein shake (I like the upbeat ones)
100g of dinner which is either chilli and rice, low fat chicken curry and rice or pasta with bolognaise sauce - I have about 2/3 proteins to 1/3 carbs
Another yoghurt
And my treat is a mini bag of chocolate buttons which takes me about 2 hours to eat!

I did a big cooking session of chilli, curry and bolognaise about 5 weeks ago and put them in individual 100g pots which I bought from Amazon for about £3.
I have tried egg on toast twice with disastrous results! It just sticks and swells in my stomach making me feel really ill. So bread is my big no no so far. I have to chew everything really well and I've not tried anything too solid really yet like big pieces of meat.
My sweet tooth has really reduced and I have no interest in junk food or crisps or anything.
I'm going to try over the Easter hols to eat a few more different things and see how it goes so I'll let you know!

Good going Juju! Congrats on your accomplishments so far :)

Not bad food intake, seems like small portions spread out which is what is advised so well done. Good luck going forward and thanks for sharing...

Probably a good time to update on progress so far. I've lost 41lbs (hopefully a pound or two more tomorrow) and I'm on the cusp of the 17 stones which is exciting. Will be glad to say goodbye to the 18s and never see them again.
Food wise, all is going well. I'm still trying new things and the definite no nos so far are bread, eggs and eating anything too quickly. It's a bad habit that I'm still struggling to break! I'm eating everything else fine, just in very small portions of 100gs at a time. Still having one protein drink a day to keep the levels up and the multivitamins too.

It's all so good though, the weight is steadily coming off and I'm becoming less terrified that everything I eat will make me gain weight! My energy levels are back up and I have been so much more sociable over the Easter holidays, going out and doing stuff I'd never have done 3 stone heavier.

Hiya...so glad all is going well!! Well done on the weight loss, its trial and error all the way! Keep at it and all the best x

Good progress, seems to be going well now, keep it up :)

I'm loving reading about your progress Juju - it's great to hear other people experiences. I had the phone call on Thursday to say I've been booked in for my sleeve on 20th May. Got to start LSD in just over a week. I'm so excited. Just wondering which LSD to do as I've been given a choice of 5. What did you do ? X

I'm loving reading about your progress Juju - it's great to hear other people experiences. I had the phone call on Thursday to say I've been booked in for my sleeve on 20th May. Got to start LSD in just over a week. I'm so excited. Just wondering which LSD to do as I've been given a choice of 5. What did you do ? X

Sorry not to have got back to you sooner, first week back to school has been crazy! I started by just having 3 pints of milk a day but after about 4 days of that I felt so ill and spent most of my time on the loo, so I got in to a routine of 1 weetabix and milk, 2 pints of milk and chicken and salad in the evening. That made me feel much better and was much more manageable. As long as you keep the carbs low and it under 1000 kcals I think it's fine.

Good luck with your op. It's hard work but it's the best thing I've ever done for myself! In to the 17s this week and I'm delighted!

It's really helpful to read your experiences, thanks so much for sharing and well done!

Thank you for your lovely comments. One thing I have been learning during this process - I pretty much eat the same things every week and some weeks I lose 3lbs, sometimes nothing! This drove me mad initially but now I've realised that it's just the way my body works, to trust in my little tummy and to continue to make good choices as to what I put in it!

Good luck. All very exciting and I will look forward to hearing your progress.

Hi JuJu !
Just been reading through your diary .. Your song so well , amazing !
You must be feeling so good !
Mindy
Xxx

Thank you, looks like you're going great guns too! Hooray for us!
2lbs off this week, 46lbs altogether and comfortably in the 17s now. Am trying to be slightly less of a scales-whore and because I'm still always on them! Seeing the dietician next week but all is going well.

Well done!

Back