• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fitbit Flex or Fitbit Zip ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavenlykaty

Hello there, Im kate and I have been looking around the site for a couple of weeks now, I was approved surgery on 4th April and am now on the everlasting list.......
In the meantime can anyone advise me on whether a Fitbit Flex and/or a Fitbit Zip are any good and worth getting.

Also would anyone be interested in joining a support group in Gatwick area, CarrieB, Pokeykoala and me are on the list already, anyone else.......

Thanks if you can help me with either of these

Kate x

look at the fitbit one, the flex is the least accurate unless you wear it in your shoe/sock or inside a bra. On the wrist it picks up lots of additional movements and carries about 60% accuracy. If you just want a motivational tool to count steps, a normal pedometer does just as well, there are lots of threads about fitbits have a search around :)

Fitbit one :) thats my recommendation ......... have not tried the other 2 but i had an old pedometer which i wore on wrist and found it not accurate at all........... fitbit one clips to the inside of your bra, its small un noticeable and very secure. The first time i used it i counted my steps and when i got home i compared and it was just a few steps out....... so i was suitably impressed. Its a considered purchase but wouldn't be without mine....... u can log your food/fluid intake it tracks your sleep, it tells you how many calories your burning, how many steps/miles/km and loads more ......... the only downside is because its American the foods we eat are not always listed but you can add your own foods too, so not a huge problem, also it can be linked to myfitnesspal (which has a much better food bank listed) x x

I have just bought a fitbit zip from Amazon. It arrived yesterday and I love it! I like the fact that it syncs to MyFitnessPal and Map My Run. Love it, love it, love it! Worth the money and definitely keeps me on track. Highly recommended. It is so tiny and I clip it to the inside of my bra. It's fabulous. M x

I have the flex & I love it, I got different colour bands to wear to change it up a bit and am going to buy the weighing scales that sync with it, I find it's very motivational & helps get me moving.

I just got the zip and love it. I liked the idea of the flex but I work on the wards so couldn't wear it at work. X

I am waiting for the new models to come out in January. There is one new one in December as well.

Hello there, Im kate and I have been looking around the site for a couple of weeks now, I was approved surgery on 4th April and am now on the everlasting list....... In the meantime can anyone advise me on whether a Fitbit Flex and/or a Fitbit Zip are any good and worth getting. Also would anyone be interested in joining a support group in Gatwick area, CarrieB, Pokeykoala and me are on the list already, anyone else....... Thanks if you can help me with either of these Kate x
hi I'm in Ashford Kent and due to be sleeved on 26 th November 14 actually 6 days Ih my gosh! Does your support group meet or online?
Hope your doing well . ?

Hello there, Im kate and I have been looking around the site for a couple of weeks now, I was approved surgery on 4th April and am now on the everlasting list....... In the meantime can anyone advise me on whether a Fitbit Flex and/or a Fitbit Zip are any good and worth getting. Also would anyone be interested in joining a support group in Gatwick area, CarrieB, Pokeykoala and me are on the list already, anyone else....... Thanks if you can help me with either of these Kate x
oh yes did u get a fit but as I would like one but not too gadgety minded. Please recommend thanks ?

Hi there everyone. I have the fitbit flex and the only problem that I have come across since I bought it is if I forget to put it on because I'm totally lost without it. Learning how to set up the fitbit dashboard on the PC was straight forward and because it can be a stand alone app it's very good but when you use it along the myfitness app it's fantastic. Even monitoring your sleep shows you just how much you burn. Never would I have thought that you could burn calories when asleep. Well worth it's money :)

I have theFitbit one. It sits in my bra every day and although I don't always check it, I do most days. Wouldn't be without it and love that it syncs with MFP

Hey I just got a charge and I'm looking for friend to do challenges within on fitbit and my fitness pal any takers?

I'm closing this thread but please can we remember that this forum is for supporting our members not for encouraging them to go elsewhere.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back