• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Resigned to a long wait.......

Spikeyjaycee

Hi folks. Haven't posed for a few days - had to remove myself from this forum because I was getting so uptight about 'the waiting game'. I kept seeing people who were seen by the consultants at St Richards around the same time as me (or even later) coming on here and saying they'd got their operation dates within a matter of weeks. Don't get me wrong - I am really pleased for them. However, I am on what seems an everlasting waiting list to see a psychologist before my operation date is even thought of, and I was getting really p****d off seeing everyone else supposedly 'jumping the queue' if you like. So I've taken myself away and had a good talking to myself and now I am resigned to a long wait. In the meantime, I shall enjoy eating food (whilst I can, including the odd treat!) and when I get my psych appointment, whoopee-doo!
Kate: glad your op went ok. Would be interested to hear all about it. PM me? Thanks. Julie x

Hi Julie

It sucks sometimes doesnt it! Why dont you call the hospital and chase things up and explain about this site and the people who seem to be ahead of you? I would!

Hi Caroline - I emailed the hospital last week - that's when I was told its the wait for the psych appt that's taking the time and that an appt would be sent ASAP. It's my own fault - I should never have told the doctor I was suicidal cos I think he put that on my referral and that's why I'm having to see the psych. The fact it was the Accomplia tablets that made me feel that way is by the by. Having said that I had been off them a few months when I last told the doc I still felt suicidal and could I have Reductil as a short-term measure whilst I waited for surgery, so I guess I only have myself to blame (and the Reductil are helping - lost 21 ilbs so far and feel SO much better for it!)

Those bloody Accomplia - I was on them for three months and got violent mood swings and lost nothing. Congratulations on the weightloss so far - you are ahead of the game so keep positive. Your time will come soon - are your deeply depressive thoughts just cause of the pills or does it go deeper or should I not pry?

Sorry to hear you have had such a wait and bad time. The psychologists at St Richards are lovely - I hope you get your assessment soon.

Good luck.

Hello e1

i was under the impression that acomplia was taken off the market last year! Least thats wot my gp told me few months back.

Anyway good luck on your weight loss journeys........

All the best - mejulie x x

shrek_and_friends.gif

So sorry you are still waiting i know where you are at i was getting to that stage of not coming on.
You never know you might get phyc appiontment and date straight after fingers crossed for you hun.
There is no point in me saying dont worry or dont let it get you down coz ive been there.
Sending you hugs:family2:
crazy_friend_dog.gif

Sorry you have been feeling under the weather jaycee it is hard at times. We just have to think positive and our turn will come.
However well done you on losing 21lbs thats fab you should be really proud of yourself.
I am sure it wont be long before a letter plops through your door

Jay xx

Hi folks. Haven't posed for a few days - had to remove myself from this forum because I was getting so uptight about 'the waiting game'. I kept seeing people who were seen by the consultants at St Richards around the same time as me (or even later) coming on here and saying they'd got their operation dates within a matter of weeks. Don't get me wrong - I am really pleased for them. However, I am on what seems an everlasting waiting list to see a psychologist before my operation date is even thought of, and I was getting really p****d off seeing everyone else supposedly 'jumping the queue' if you like. So I've taken myself away and had a good talking to myself and now I am resigned to a long wait. In the meantime, I shall enjoy eating food (whilst I can, including the odd treat!) and when I get my psych appointment, whoopee-doo!
Kate: glad your op went ok. Would be interested to hear all about it. PM me? Thanks. Julie x
Hi Julie
I know how you feel hun I`v been waiting for the last six years in Oct and hearing about people only waiting a year and getting their surgery before me . They are all from N.Ireland and so am I . I even had MPs fighting for me but maybe they had better ones fighting for them I don't know. Plus they like emailing me to rub my nose into it . Please don't get me wrong I love to hear how well people get on with their surgery and the weight they loose .
So chin up lol we will get there one day . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX
PS I GOT TWO BLINKING PSYCHIATRIC ASSESSMENT TESTS AND THEY BOTH SAID I WAS OK FOR THE SURGERY .

dear julie glad your back im so sorry you still waiting it stinks feel free to pm me and rant an call me names if it helps as i know how you feel loadsa love debbie x x:blahblah::wave_cry:

Hi Julie
So sorry to hear about the length of time you are having to wait. When i first thought about this a few years back and went on NHS in Glasgow the whole process was going to take over three years and to be honest mentally i gave up but i do think that had a lot to do with lack of surgeons in Glasgow at that time. I'm fortunate thanks to my late Dad to be able to go privately in Manchester so don't havee the waiting game.I'm really sorry you are upset and i know it's not much consulation just now but i'm sure you will get there and we will all be here to support you all the way. Sending big hugs xx

Aww Julie, I really feel for you as I know 1st hand what you mean. There were some ladies I know that had there pre op assessment after me and some who did'nt see consultant untill months after me and they all had their op before I had mine. As much as you're pleased for them it does'nt help you feeling like you've been left on the dusty shelf. Keep positive as you know you'll get your op sooner or later but untill then make the most of being able to have a little treat now and then. Big hugs to you sweetheart and I really hope you get your psych appointment soon.
xxGaynorxx

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words - I feel like Darius from Popstars - "How Much Love Is There In This Room"!!!
Caroline - my depressive thoughts were to do with the tablets I were on, but even after coming off them, the thoughts slipped in every now and then especially when I was feeling bad and had trouble getting around.
Thanks for all the hugs and best wishes - must admit I had a lump in my throat (and it wasn't a big mac either!). It really feels like one big family on here cos everyone is going through or has been through what everyone else is feeling and its nice to be able to talk to others in the same boat.
Big group hug everyone!!!!

Hi angelpie. Saw Mr Slater on 29 April. Was told it would be a few months till psych appt then a matter of weeks till op. I'm now starting to think Christmas at St Richards is a real possibility - LOL

Hi hun:DBy the time I ge my op I will have waited a year since first going to the docs.It has seemed like a lifetime, but it will be worth the wait for all of us:D:D

Back