• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flying Home After Gastric Band Op...

Hi Banana19 I haven't had my op but from what the others are saying you should be ok ..... best of luck on your op are you having a band?

Yes they did a whole lot of tests on admission to the hospital.

I'm having sleeve surgery :) what are you going for yourself?

I will be having a lot of preop tests on the morning of the surgery also. Bloods, ultrasound etc xx

Ah ok thanks ladies for the reply what kind of tests did they do jackthelass? just curious I have heard of ppl having endoscopy ....

They did a lung capacity test, blood tests, an ecg and they took skin and mouth swabs. Also be prepared for an enema the night before surgery. No one warned me about that one! It was an unpleasant surprise.

Oh joy! thanks for the heads up, so when you booked in the morning of the op did they spend the day doing tests, enema .... and then operate the following day? or was the night before enema a diy job ..... sorry for tormenting you :confused:

Ah ok makes sence how many nights did they keep you in after the op? Did they do a leak test b4 you went home or was it done while you where in surgury,honestly you have been so much help really appreciate the info, ?obviously i should have asked the surgeon all this at the consult but i litterally went blank i even forgot to ask do they take the gallbladder

Back