• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flying with a band???

Schoey89

Hi, I'm going to Cuba in 10 weeks, I have 4mls in my band at the moment and have maybe 2 more fills before I fly, how do people find the long flights?? Does the band become tighter and uncomfortable with the cabin pressure?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Most people ll have a small defill beforehand. Wld advice to check when going for your next fill.

I am flying in 2 weeks so I just asked my provider this question recently.... If it's under 7 hours you don't need to do anything but over 7 hours you need a defill.
As we all know though, every provider says something different so best thing to do would be to check with yours. Xx

I flew to USA a couple of days after a fill. Had 7mls in a 14ml band at the time ... no problem whatsoever - no tightening or anything. And to be honest the tiny airline portions were perfect. But we are all different...as Mis and Sophie said, best to speak to your provider for their guidance ... have fun in Cuba :)

I'm flying in 3 weeks to Lanzarote (4 hours-ish) & my provider says they don't recommed a defill cos there is only saline in ur band which doesn't expand under pressure in the cabin...only air does so its nothing to worry about. Best to check with ur own provider though.
I must admit I've not done anything about travel insurance yet though. Did you FlutterBy?

I'm flying in 3 weeks to Lanzarote (4 hours-ish) & my provider says they don't recommed a defill cos there is only saline in ur band which doesn't expand under pressure in the cabin...only air does so its nothing to worry about. Best to check with ur own provider though.
I must admit I've not done anything about travel insurance yet though. Did you FlutterBy?

Oops I make an admission - I didn't speak to my insurers. My travel insurance is with the Bank I work for - so I know I need to find out if / how I am covered....job for next week methinks...thanks for the prompt Mrs P x

hi i flew to goa for christmas and had a 1ml defill. didnt eat on the plane so had a meal about an hour before flying

I spoke to my provider before I flew to Jamaica and they said a defill was not necessary. The band did feel tight so rather than risk a sicky incident I just stuck to liquids. I know it is a long time to go without solids but it was fine. I did eat a little on the flight back and that was fine. Best to get the view of your provider.

As for the insurance point that was a nightmare. With my medical conditions and Mr TB's it was over £300 for the two of us - but I would not got without it - just in case.

tranquil x

Back