• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food & Drink before a fill?

ejc1905

Six Month Post Op
I haven't had a fill in my band since September 2009 but have an appt today booked to add a tiny amount.

I can't remember if you are allowed to have food & drink before the band, or if you are advised to avoid it until after the fill? And if so, how long before?

Anyone been recently that knows the answer? If its dependent on the provider, I used WLS Group.

Thanks in advance!
ejc1905

Depends what time your appointment is. I personally would rather go in with an empty stomach. If you still have bits of food in the pouch from the last meal you had then when they are doing the fill and ask if you feel it's improving/enough restriction how are you going to know wether it's truly a good amount or traces of food are confusing the issue?

i would say nothing for 3-4 hours before a fill then usually just some thing light for breakfast like maybe a weetabix then it wont be held in the pouch you can drink for up to an hour before x

Back