• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food for thought ??

deeby

I have always thought that the hardest thing is going to be when you see something lovely and want to eat it but you know you cant for fear of dumping.
But can i just say on here for all you bypassers that ive been away for a couple of days and while away i went into a bakers and saw a lovely peanut and chocolate cake thing that made my mouth water so i guiltily bought it and couldnt wait to taste it as it looked sooooo scrummy.... NOT !!
It was sooooo very anti climax and actually was very bland and not nearly as lovely as it looked.
So When you see something that makes you a bit sad cos you cant have it , then just remember that if you did actually eat it then it most likely wouldnt be all it was cracked up to be !! and youre actually not missing much !! lol
xx

I have always thought that the hardest thing is going to be when you see something lovely and want to eat it but you know you cant for fear of dumping.
But can i just say on here for all you bypassers that ive been away for a couple of days and while away i went into a bakers and saw a lovely peanut and chocolate cake thing that made my mouth water so i guiltily bought it and couldnt wait to taste it as it looked sooooo scrummy.... NOT !!
It was sooooo very anti climax and actually was very bland and not nearly as lovely as it looked.
So When you see something that makes you a bit sad cos you cant have it , then just remember that if you did actually eat it then it most likely wouldnt be all it was cracked up to be !! and youre actually not missing much !! lol
xx

I know what you mean about this , I was over my brothers yesterday and was sitting out in the garden and one of the neighbours was cooking onions and sausages ( I got good sense of smell,lol) and before my op I would have easily polished prob 2 sarnies filled with this but for the life of me I found the smell to be quite vile (not sure why this is ) and I was quite glad once they had stopped cooking em, the cakes/sweet stuff didnt have the same"pull" for me as I never ever had a sweet tooth (quite the opposite tbh) but in theory I guess the feelings/thoughts are the same for sweet/savoury stuff.

All the best - MeJulie xx

cakes and sweet stuff doesnt bother me, anything toasted. buttered, and POTATOES mmm mmmm now walking past a chippy eeeek not sure how ill deal with that x

MMMMMMMMMM I'm hoping this is the same for me. I've discovered since being on the milk diet, that definitely one of my 'triggers' to eat 'naughty' is how something smells.

I'm even hallucinating food smells sometimes!

I put on my cpap mask the other nit and I could smell roast chicken dinner, comlpete with sage 'n' onion stuffing! :eek:

But often hw something smells doesn't match with how it tastes?

Our appetites are about so much more than our mouths! I guess all the senses are involved really.

ie sound of bacon sizzling
sight of a cream cake
texture of same!
smell of chicken dinner
and taste!

we have a lot to contend with, but if we can take all this into account when faced with trigger foods and cravings, maybe it'll help us beat them! :)

then of course there's the psychological aspect........

ok......no wonder we struggle!

I'm the same Kelly - I don't have much of a sweet tooth - and could easily give up chocolate, cakes etc. But thought the thought of not having savoury stuff like bread rolls and roast potatoes drives me mad!

cakes and sweet stuff doesnt bother me, anything toasted. buttered, and POTATOES mmm mmmm now walking past a chippy eeeek not sure how ill deal with that x

Kelly chips are my single biggest weakness! Ooooh with bread n butter!

I'm thinking of getting a tefal actifry to make healthy chips!

ooo hot chips smothered in salt n viniegar in THICK white buttered bread.... OOOOOO DERO!!! were all gonna be on the rampage soon running demanted like a lunatic through the streets for a chip butty, god help anyone who has one as it ll be like a scene from saun of the dead, only its cos were after the buttys hahahhahhahahhahahaahhahahaahha xx

Dont you find that chippy chips never taste as good as they smell?? ............. Or is that me trying to convince myself :D x

ummm you trying to convince yourself haha x

no home made are best!
But fresh chippy chips are hard to beat!

Now then...how terrible would it be to have a few on the pre-op diet?

OK thanks Dotty........thats the kick up the bum I needed! I'll be good! :D

I worked in one of the best chippies in Birmingham for the best part of 22 yrs... When i started i was a size 14 when i left i was a 24/26 (and had had three kids), if that's not an encouragement not to have them on your pre op then nothing is....

And for the record i've just had cheese n ham on 1/2 a slice of thick white bread (no added butter)... You can eat bread and i do, however when i eat it it's because i'm treating myself or feel the need for some carbs, which isn't very often :) x

No fair!!! I keep saying i'd do anythin for a ham and cheese sarnie..lol, right i'm commin over to smell your breath and dream Julie!! ha ha ha xxxxx

Back