• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Food ideas

NorthamptonGirl

Hi people,

I'm going to Turkey tomorrow morning. I am currently 7 weeks post op (Wednesday is 8 weeks).

I plan on having an omelette for breakfast each morning, can any post oppers recommend some meals I can have for lunch/dinner?

Thank you!!

Sam x

Stacey83

Protein and veges - tuna salad, fresh fish and salad, chicken and salad, Turkish BBQ meats like chicken and pepper skewers, lamb might be a little too tough on your stomach but you could try it especially if it's been slow cooked. I think you'd be fine with lamb kofta as it's minced so much softer and easier to chew! Hummus is good, falafel, grilled haloumi cheese... Watermelon on the beach and lots of water!

If you're a little anxious you could pack some cuppa soups although you'll be totally fine. Have an AMAZING time X

Now I want some Turkish food! Eeek!

HelenAngelfish

Turkish food is amazing, full of protein and veg!! I'm so jealous!

I'm drooling at the thought of Turkish food now! xx :D

Chrisyd

No particular advice - just wanted to say have a lovely time x

NorthamptonGirl

Protein and veges - tuna salad, fresh fish and salad, chicken and salad, Turkish BBQ meats like chicken and pepper skewers, lamb might be a little too tough on your stomach but you could try it especially if it's been slow cooked. I think you'd be fine with lamb kofta as it's minced so much softer and easier to chew! Hummus is good, falafel, grilled haloumi cheese... Watermelon on the beach and lots of water!

If you're a little anxious you could pack some cuppa soups although you'll be totally fine. Have an AMAZING time X

Now I want some Turkish food! Eeek!

Thanks hun... I'm nervous to be starting "proper" food!!! x

Turkish food is amazing, full of protein and veg!! I'm so jealous!

I'm drooling at the thought of Turkish food now! xx :D

Haha, sorry x

No particular advice - just wanted to say have a lovely time x

Thanks hun :) x

los in it

love turkey such a lovely place and the food is great ,I like the mezes all kinds of different things to have a nibble on and the pide (Turkish pizza)are to die for so thin its like eating pizza made with a wrap layered out flat with a fine mince meat and ground peppers on top .....oh what I would do for a bite of one now!
enjoy your trip....where about are you going ?

Stacey83

Don't be nervous, you'll be fine just ease into it slowly and chew, chew, chew! You'll figure out what works for you in no time ;-)

A.Positive

Have a lovely time. xx

NorthamptonGirl

Have a lovely time. xx

thanks x

Don't be nervous, you'll be fine just ease into it slowly and chew, chew, chew! You'll figure out what works for you in no time ;-)

hopefully! x

love turkey such a lovely place and the food is great ,I like the mezes all kinds of different things to have a nibble on and the pide (Turkish pizza)are to die for so thin its like eating pizza made with a wrap layered out flat with a fine mince meat and ground peppers on top .....oh what I would do for a bite of one now!
enjoy your trip....where about are you going ?

Ovacik.. near Olu Deniz, I've been there before, but that was before the op haha. Turkish pizzas are lush x

NorthamptonGirl

thanks Willow!