• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When will I ever learn..

New Beginnings

This week has been really manic for me rushing around work, family commitments. Never enough hours in the day etc... Stupidly on my way home from picking up the kids tonight I bought a chicken salad wrap. Great I thought reasonable protein. This will do the trick! But as I was driving home I suddenly felt a sharp tightness in my pouch and came over all shaky and felt very flushed. When I looked down I realised I'd taken two huge bites out if the wrap and of course I probably hadn't chewed it properly. How I got home I'll never know, I had to keep stopping and getting out as I didn't want the kids to see me vomit :( I know this is gonna sound stupid but it's really made me think that how ever busy and manic it gets I've really got and stop, slow down and remember to take time for me. Even when we feel we have this figured out we have to keep a little check on ourselves. Good luck to everyone with their journeys. Annie x

I hope you feel better now hun x

This is good to know. Even though im on puree i find it hard to remember sometimes

X

It's a hard lesson to learn, and I've learned it to my cost. For me, no food can be rushed, eaten on the go or whilst not concentrating. I've found it really hard moving onto proper food this week as I'm very busy at work. I have to have minute bites, chewed at least 25 times before swallowed and with long gaps between bites. This means breakfast and lunch are a challenge. I am getting the hang of it, I plan ahead and for the first time since I was a child I really do eat breakfast and lunch. They may not be big, but they're eaten. I've never respected food before, or paid it much attention, but do now !!!

Great post! I don't think it's about making mistakes or misjudgements-because we are human and we will.

We have been eating "our way" for our whole lives-we may not learn it all in one go. Just like little ones-when we tell them the stove is hot. They don't KNOW hot until they feel it. :D

I think what matters most is what we do with these painful lessons. Do we avoid placing our hands on the stove again-or do we figure out how to wrap our hands up enough to still get our little mitts in the heat?? (Slider foods, snacking-all this little wicked workarounds!)

Clearly you have taken this experience on board and cared enough about it to share with the rest of us who will certainly benefit! :)

nice post, its educating us all . Im only 4 weeks post op never dumped yet but still on puree. imagine it so easy to try n eat around busy schedules as before my op i wud eat when i could find time and like you probs grabbing a sarny n rushing to eat it before something else needs done. I hope i never experience it. make sure u stop and give yourself time to eat in future . thanks for sharing post with us xx

mazbrad said:
nice post, its educating us all . Im only 4 weeks post op never dumped yet but still on puree. imagine it so easy to try n eat around busy schedules as before my op i wud eat when i could find time and like you probs grabbing a sarny n rushing to eat it before something else needs done. I hope i never experience it. make sure u stop and give yourself time to eat in future . thanks for sharing post with us xx

Hi
I dumped when I was on puree stage I was about 1 week post op and had sum porridge that wasn't quite smooth enough. It was a awful feeling. Luckily it's never happened since. Just goes to show how we need to be careful when preparing food aswell x

I went to the hospital canteen on Tuesday where I work and carefully chose braised steak as I thought it would be soft and fall apart - WRONG!! Like an old leather boot and after just 2 very well chewed mouthfuls I was doing my impersonation of a rabid dog!! Frothy mouth!! Luckily I was at lunch with my boss who is the only one at work who knows about op and she was great - pain lasted for 3 hours though - learnt my lesson - no more hospital braising steak!!!

Back