• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

food

katstofat

efore my op i loved to cook snd try different things ut now i seam to have lost all interest in food and now i find its a chore to eat at all. i go shopping and get allsorts in thinking oh i really fancy that, but once home its put away till it gets thrown away cause its out of date,i still like to cook for the fammily its just me.i stand at the fridge wondering wat to have and usually end up with a muller light , with a bit of fruit and/or sf jelly if i have any.i do sometimes have something proper sallad, shep pie n veg etc but its not every day. i do make veg soup a couple of times a week but quite often have to throw some away cause its been there to long. am i on my own or are other people experiancing same thing. i do keep my fluids up..............................kath x

my weight loss isnt fantastic, probably due to not eating enough.................kath x

Get some protein down you hun 1st and foremost,go back to your team to go over what you should be eating.If you dont eat more protein you will be ill.Soup and Mullers wont surfice.Maz x

I know alot of surgeons dont advocate protein shakes and Mr A does not promote them so i am told :) but i was so struggling with eating sloppy stage and my protein levels were so poor bout 10grms a day and cant abide slimfast so i have a protein shake and they are ok which shocked me, and the good thing is they are 35 grms of protein :) maybe u could try them temp till u got to see ur team.
I def think u need to up ur food and protein, for u health.
Take care luv Roch xxx

ty i see diatition and consultant next month i try to get protine in i have milky coffee with extra spoons of that dried milk in it , it tastes so creamy though im not to keen . i also try to have one large egg a day and another if i manage a salad. wen i do have one apart from egg i have either chicken, tuna or prawns with it or tinned ham , so i do know wat i should have its just that i cant face it a lot of the time . ive cut out all snacks thinkin that may be why but i just dont feel hungry at all , maybee its all the fluids i try to have . i dont want to have mash and carrot n sweed n gravy n things like that they just dont seem to fill me up wen i do want somethin , i think cause they just slide down and well theres not much value in them is there.for tonight ive got a salad with let., tom, onion, egg, cucumber and chicken, and a couple of baby newpotatoes. im really looking forwards to it i hope i can face it wen its tea time. my diatition says not to eat if i dont feel hungry but ive got to eat sometime so im going to put it in front of me every mealtime and try to eat something if not it all...................kath x
sorry for going on a bit but ive noone else to ask lol

I think you are right Kath at 5 months out you do need to eat and its a good idea to try something each mealtime. Protein drinks will help you get the protein in that you need each day but they are not the whole answer. It may just be a phase, had one myself but very early out, but it needs tackling before it gets too much of a hold. The fact you posted about it shows that you think this too and its just getting you started to eat that's the key. What would be your favourite food? Could you manage a little of that, even if its not 'good' food it will start you off getting back into the habit of eating and you won't eat much of it.

Good luck and hope you find something that works

M

Back