• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fooood!

galm37

Hi Dawn

I'm a little behind you (1st Feb). I'm eating pretty much what I want. I've stayed away from bread, pasta, rice & spuds - more through choice than anything as I've not fancied them & if I can do without them I will.
I'm not counting calories as I'm happy with my weightloss and am loosing at a steady rate. I do use www.myfitnesspal.com to keep an eye on my protein intake, and without adding shakes I'm getting between 60-80g of protein each day from lean meats, fish, eggs,cheese, milk etc. I'm eating all the fruit & veg I used to eat before my op.

That site does tot up you cals for you and I go from anything from 500-1000 cals each day I've logged stuff.
Some days I manage to eat more than others, but it tends to even out over the week.

On the days when I don't feel like eating I make sure that I have extra latte's or yoghurts to up my protein.

Is there anything your struggling with in particular?

lotsabeefy

hey Dawn as you know I'm 2 days in front of you, Normally i can eat a small portion of anything sort of toddler size meals, although the odd day i'm able to eat more and then some days i'm sick after everything i eat.
My hair is still coming out in ruddy great handfuls and so i think i maybe need to get some kind of protien suppliment although i do enjoy having less hair its much easier to manage and only takes half the time to do. lol

Dawn36

Like a Pheonix
Hi Dawn

I'm a little behind you (1st Feb). I'm eating pretty much what I want. I've stayed away from bread, pasta, rice & spuds - more through choice than anything as I've not fancied them & if I can do without them I will.
I'm not counting calories as I'm happy with my weightloss and am loosing at a steady rate. I do use www.myfitnesspal.com to keep an eye on my protein intake, and without adding shakes I'm getting between 60-80g of protein each day from lean meats, fish, eggs,cheese, milk etc. I'm eating all the fruit & veg I used to eat before my op.

That site does tot up you cals for you and I go from anything from 500-1000 cals each day I've logged stuff.
Some days I manage to eat more than others, but it tends to even out over the week.

On the days when I don't feel like eating I make sure that I have extra latte's or yoghurts to up my protein.

Is there anything your struggling with in particular?
Hi, thank you so much for replying to my post. I am not struggling with any particular foods, my pouch is very well behaved;) I just wondered if I should be eating more or less, and i have now registered with the site you mentioned which should help me. I have a regular pattern of losing,then stalling for 4 weeks then losing again. My dietician keeps telling me that is just the way it is, but I just wondered if there was anything else I can do to break those darn stalls, I do exercise, but I have fibromylagia which makes all exercise quite difficult. I am one of the Just Dance and Step to the Beat fans! I tend to avoid carbs, they make my diabetes hard to control. So didn't eat them pre op, also I know if i do they always leave me wanting more!

Many thanks for help, Dawn

Dawn36

Like a Pheonix
hey Dawn as you know I'm 2 days in front of you, Normally i can eat a small portion of anything sort of toddler size meals, although the odd day i'm able to eat more and then some days i'm sick after everything i eat.
My hair is still coming out in ruddy great handfuls and so i think i maybe need to get some kind of protien suppliment although i do enjoy having less hair its much easier to manage and only takes half the time to do. lol

Hi Nadine, thank you for your response. Well you wont be surprised to hear that I still have those wretched stalls, and most of the time I am quite philosophical about them, but there are times when they do get me down. I know there is a thread for daily menus but they seem to be for folks further down the line than us. So I was hoping to get an idea of what others are doing foodwise at our stage. Lots of folks mention counting calories which is not something I do, but maybe I should be? I have been lucky in that I haven't been sick hardly at all. Hair is much thinner, but so far staying on my head! I take Perfectil for my nails and it does seem to work.

So happy you are posting again, good to have you around. Dawn xx

jaxx

Dawn I'm 3 days behind you so we're pretty much at the same stage. I can more or less eat anything pretty easily but it is difficult to make the 'right' food choices. I find it very difficult to get enough fruit and veg down. I've also had a 4 week long stall and have just started losing weight again. I emailed my dietician regarding this and like your team, she more or less said it's normal.

I'm eating waaaay too many carbs at the minute (and craving them) but I will have to sort myself out and eat more protein instead but it's so hard to eat something that you don't really want.

As long as you're eating 3 meals a day and having high protein snacks inbetween I should think you'll be ok.