• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For old and new minis!

hi, my name is tasha and i live in cornwall. i live with my partner and i have three gorgeous children. they are age 5, 3 and 1 so as you can imagine im really busy. i am waiting for a gastric bypass but its a long journey and im only at the beginning of it :) hopefully i will get there soon.....

Hi all.

I'm 41 and live in the US.

I had the DS in April 2005.

HI I am Anne 36 married to Glen for almost 9 years. We have 3 cats.
I have just had my 2nd appointment with Mr Ainslie at Halifax and my op should be before 25th Feb 2010.
I have so far lost about 22lbs and hope to lose a few more before the surgery.

I am having a bypass at Huddersfield with my Ainslie.

Hi I'm Tina I live with Pete my soon to be hubby lol WE have a daughter each both 17 I had my op Jan 09 and have lost nearly 71/2 stone

Hi i'm Julie and i've been married to Trevor for oooh about 8 1/2 days. I have three children (22/12/10) and 1 grandson (age 12 weeks) who i adore (even tho he sicked me on my wedding day).

I have my second appt at Walsall Manor in just over two weeks when i give the go ahead for a gastric bypass. Am hoping 2010 will be the rebirth year of a new me :) xx

I'm 34 and live in Kent.
I had my gastric bypass with Mr El Hasani at Princess Royal Bromley hospital on 15th October. I've lost 2 stone 4 pounds since the start and am looking forward to getting into some smaller clothes in 2010.

Love this site and find everyone so supportive and friendly.

HiYa,
My Name is Joanne, I'm 39 & I live on a little smallholding in Cumbria. (We just love Animals so much)
I'm Very Happily married to the love of my life Paul & have 2 lovely grown up children Carla & Ian & a Gorguess Granddaughter Brooke.

I Decided to have a Gastric Bypass last year on 6th December 08 after struggling for years trying to lose weight, I have PCOS and found it easy to lose the weight but very hard to keep it off.

I reached my first goal of 9st on 2nd August only 7 months on. and Now I'm at my final goal of 8st 3lbs and now trying to maintain.
Having the Gastric Bypass was the best thing I have ever done for myself, It has changed my life so much, I have more confidence now and living life to the full.

Hi my name is Sharon i'm 45 married and have 3 children well 2 of them are in their early 20's and i live in Epsom Surrey. I had a RNY gastric bypass in Sept 2008 at St Georges Hospital, i have lost over 5st and am present tryin to maintain that although i am desperate to get back to losing, i seem to have lost track a bit and have been comforting eating since i had a couple of operations on my hip in Feb and July this year, and i haven't been able to excercise since then either. I am so disapointed with myself for this but don't seem able to pull myself back on track.
I hope someone out there can give me some advice to help me get out of this muddle i am in :sigh:

Hi,
I am Sinead, I am 25 and live in Leeds.
I am hoping to have a gastric bypass sometime next year although I am quite early in the process of being referred by my GP.

Hi i'm Allie 48 living in Glasgow had a private gastric bypass doen on 7th August by Mr Ammori in Spire hospital Manchester and to date have lost 4stone 4lbs and to say i'm pleased would be an understatement hee hee. This, aside having my gorgeous two children and marrying my lovely hubby goes on the list of best things i have ever done xx

Hi Everyone = Im Mark, im 21 and from Manchester. Im in my final year of a Law Degree at Manchester University. I live with my girlfriend Amy who ive been with since we were both 15 :)

I had my bypass on 1st May 2009 and I have lost 8 stone 11 pounds since my op.

Best thing I ever did and cant wait to get to my goal of 14 stone 7, 3 stone to go..........

Hi all! I came over from Minis but am not a very regular poster really. Hoping to rectify that!

I am 40, happily married with 2 daughters aged 16 and 7 and a 4 year old son. Oh and a soppy springer spaniel who is like my 4th baby! I work in the NHS and have been battling with my weight for about half of my life now. I will have my op at Castle Hill Hospital in Hull I think.
I am due to see the Consultant on 18 November and hoping to be put straight onto the waiting list. Who knows tho!
x

Last edited:
I hope someone out there can give me some advice to help me get out of this muddle i am in :sigh:

Hi Sharon and welcome to the place where you can find lots of wls support! Happy that you found us, and thank you for sharing a bit of yourself.

My advice to you is to do a little reading, here are some links:

This is a basic guideline to how to best use your surgery as a tool for weight loss.
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-faqs/69900-pouch-rules-dummies-informational-post.html

Here is a place to list what you eat every day, it can help you see where you are going wrong, also you can ask others for feedback on what you are eating.
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-recipes-forum/74487-gastric-bypass-daily-menus.html

Here is a nutritional guideline that many post-ops find helpful.
http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-faqs/122957-post-op-dietry-questions.html

Here is a link to a site that offers help for those who have gone of track with their pouch and need to get back to basics, it really works so give it a try!
Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test

I would also say well done on your weight loss so far, you have done great. Now you just need to get your head in order and start using you surgery as a tool again so you can start losing.

Have a look at the threads above and see if they can't help you make the most of your surgery. Please shout if you have any questions.

Hope that helps,
Nic:)

Last edited:
Thank you so much PhatGirl for your support, i have already printed off the rules of the pouch and will do so with 5 day pouch test and nutritional advice, i am determined to get back on track, as i suffer from depression i tend to comfort eat. I don't have any family or friends locally i thought i would try and search the web to find other people who had been through similar operation who i could get some inspiration from. Thankyou again for responding to my plea and i hope to get to know you and others from this group. :)

You are most welcome hun, I am looking forward to seeing how you get on. As for suffering from depression, you are not alone in that sense, many of us wls peeps have suffered from depression and can totally relate to comfort eating, I am a recovering emotional eater myself. So take heart that within this forum you will find many people who can relate to what you are going through, and that is sometimes just what you need.

Nic;)

Hi All....
My name is Michelle / Shell (Dont matter) I am 35yrs
I live in Salford with my O/H Alan and our 2 kids
Daniel 13, Aaliyah 7.
Oh, not forgetting Jenny - the Boxer aged 9. :p
Had my Bypass performed by Mr.Senapati at Salford Royal
on Thurs Oct 29th 2009. On a liquid diet at the mo, and for another 2wk before i move onto puree.
I work in a Funeral Directors and love it!
My goal is to lose 8 1/2 stone, 1stone 8lbs already gone! :D

TTFN. x
Hi Shell. I had my surgery carried out by Mr Senapati on the 20th November 2008. I have lost 7 Stone 12 Pounds to date. Keep up the good work.

Hi Shell. I had my surgery carried out by Mr Senapati on the 20th November 2008. I have lost 7 Stone 12 Pounds to date. Keep up the good work.

WOW, thats great!
Its nearly your anniversary, well done.!
U at your goal, or have a little left to lose?

Thanks for replying. x

WOW, thats great!
Its nearly your anniversary, well done.!
U at your goal, or have a little left to lose?

Thanks for replying. x
Shell - 3 lbs to target but intend to carry on enjoying the journey and see where I end up so to speak. Anniversary Friday this week, intend to have a little party for my self and then off on our jollys on Saturday. It's good to talk to some one else whom has Mr Senapati as their Consultant. I recently provided him with a Case Study of my experience to date. Speak soon Hun and take care..

Hi, I'm Tanya i'm 29 and am a single mum to my little boy who's 3. I'm waiting for my bypass which will be done by Mr Slater the 1st or 2nd week of January 2010 at St Richards. Am really excited and nervous at the same time.

Back