• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

For post-oppers.............

Meggie

.....if you could give us pre-oppers/newly post-ops one piece of advice about this whole WLS process, what would it be???

Never give up & don't take no for an answer!

Alcohol & Drug Addiction are treated as illnesses and there's lots of help out there available.

For most people suffering from obesity, WLS is our last hope and should be made more available. (rant over!)

Great question Meggie...

I would say, don't expect the surgery to cure the problems we have in our heads regarding food. My bypass prevents me overeating, but I still want to overeat and its a constant battle with myself not to.

Ebrace your bypass with open arms, it's one of the greatest gifts i've ever been given xxx

That this really is last chance saloon and it's only a tool.

And that it is not an easy ride...you have to work so hard.

Sometimes you are rewarded with a loss, sometimes you aren't.

Be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster you'll be on post op. When I woke up from surgery I immediately regretted it but that didn't last for too long. But I'd had periods of 'Oh my God, what have I done?' and I would cry. But then there are days where I'm pleased I'm on this journey.

Head hunger is still a huge problem, it doesn't go away with surgery.

You still have to have the powere baby! (WILL power that it! lol)

WLS doesn't provide a brain transplant, its not the solution, its a tool, you're the solution

Good luck

M

OMG excellent answers, I am only 5 weeks post op so new to me but I agree with the above totally already.

for me it has to be that It is not easy its not a magic wand and it takes willpower just as any diet does. I am hoping to god that it works with me and not against me.
x

I would say be positive, except the changes you will go through with the attitude well this is the way its going to be and this is what i have to do and don't loose sight of that. Hope this makes sense works for me. Janey:D:D:D

Great answers one and all!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would say do not compare yourself to others, your journey is yours and will be as different and as unique as you are. And watch out for the old habits, they are sneaky critters who will try to ambush all your good efforts!

Excellent advice here Dawny x

I would say

DO NOT weigh yourself too often. I only weigh myself every 2 to 3 weeks now, this way I find there is always loss so if it's totm for example and it stalls, I dont really know about it haha as I dont weigh myself then :)

My losses at the moment for 2 to 3 weeks is between 5 and 9lbs, either way it makes me smile instead of getting stressed if the scales have shown a stall or gain.

Oh and DONT run before you can walk foodwise, just follow your surgeons advice and when on solids chew chew chew small small small bits bits bits lol:)

Take it easy post op. You will be feel tired and your head will want to do things but your body will refuse.

Also keep a food journal for calories and protein. You think you are eating loads post op but you wont be. It is good to compare the days as well. I also used my journal to monitor my tablets and the amount of water I drink.

Back