• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"Return to Slender"

I have just looked on whsmith web site...they also do the book ,but again it out of stock....
maybe worth going into your nearest store and seeing if you can order a copy.
xxxxxxx

Just got mine today - only ordered it on Thursday! It looks great! I want an ice cream maker and a Tefal Actifry!

Thanks for the info....ordered mine today x

need a good cheap blender - any recommendations?

I bought the jug type from Sainsburys - ther value range, £8 I think. Does the job super!

Just got mine today - only ordered it on Thursday! It looks great! I want an ice cream maker and a Tefal Actifry!

I have a Gaggia ice-cream maker. Looks like it's going to be swung back into service! Can't wait to try the protein ice-cream. May even have a go tonight as I have some vanilla protein shake powder. Yummm. :p

Just a thought, but have you guys who've got the book could you do a thread where you list the recipe you tried and give it a rating of how easy it was to cook and how good it tasted?

Just a thought... xxx

HI.
You can order it direct from the web site(follow roses link)
I ordered mine from Amazon but there out of stock at the moment....so I will get an email soon when back in stock...but then I am not in a rush to get it...
if you wanted it sooner I would go direct to the web site.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lisa many thanks for replying:)
I could really do with a copy soon-

I keep drawing a blank when clicking on Rose's link
-some peeps seem to have got theirs by return post-
so if they could let me know where they ordered it from I'd be grateful as googling isn't giving me much luck either

Protein Ice-Cream

Made the vanilla protein ice cream tonight. Very simple but more of a texture like a water-ice than a creamy ice-cream. Slightly grainy and still some runny bits. It may well harden up in the freezer but more than likely it will go quite solid.

I used my Gaggia machine which is really super in that it has it's own refrigeration unit built in and it makes the end product within about 30 minutes after it has reached working temperature in about 5 minutes.

I will make it again, providing the 3 portions I have left in the freezer don't persuade me otherwise. Although, I think I'll add a couple of tblsp of granulated sweetner next time as my protein powder isn't all that sweet. I think I may even try it with a choc mint powder as well.

HTH.

theworldaccordingtoeggface: Protein Ice Cream
Has literally dozens of recipes for protein ice cream !!

I shall take a look there Rose.

In the meantime, my current fave ice-ceam is:
300ml tub LF fromage frais.
1 Muller Light fruit yogurt (Mine was strawberry, choose your favourite).
2 tbsp granulated sweetner.
2-3 tbsp double cream (yes I know!... you can leave it out if you must).
Mix all together and plop into your ice-cream maker.
I added half a punnet of chopped up strawberries half way through.

Makes a yummy ice-cream. No idea how many calories etc but I'm sure someone can work it out.

Back