• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval manufacturing problem?

TwinkleTwinkle

A Very Happy Bunny
Hi All
Has anyone else been told Forceval is not available due to a manufacturing problem? If so, what has your doctor recommended as an alternative? x

Yes I have. There is a large thread on a group on another social network about it. It's apparently due to a manufacturing delay. People are being advised to request the soluable forceval as an alternative.

I had to get my repeat yesterday and no chemist in the area has them, so I was given one month of the soluble and then I will go and see if they have them in in about 7 or 8 weeks when I run out. Have not tried them yet, but they are forest fruit flavour so may not be too bad.

I got some last week and Dr or chemist didn't say anything about it. I want the soluble anyway but Gp won't prescribe that one,she says its not the right dosage.

Thanks girls :) I will have a word with my doctor to see what he thinks re the dosage difference ... lets hope it's just a temporary blip :rolleyes: x

Hi I had to change doseage because of this. And had to pay for another prescription!

Yeah, this happened to my Mum, bless her.
Lucky for me, Boots messed up my last repeat prescription and I have about 3 months worth left. Hopefully the problem will be sorted out by then. I guess so many more people these days have some form of WLS that the demand for Forceval is greater than ever!

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but what is it? and why do you have to take it?

Btw Hello Denise, hope everything is well with you. xx

Excuse my ignorance but what is it? and why do you have to take it?

Btw Hello Denise, hope everything is well with you. xx

Hi Helen :) I know your question has been answered but didn't want to not reply. I'm fine, sweetie ... hit goal a few months back but just had to have a contrast swallow which shows I have no restriction at all, so now waiting to see what the consultant will have to say :rolleyes: Are you any nearer getting your surgery? Hope you are well, honey x :)

I've not been able to get them on my prescription for months,

And chemist haven't got a date of them being available again,what multivitamin is the same strength as these does anyone know?

I have 6 months of forceval if you want them Emma. I can't get on with them so back to my trusty sanatogen!

Thank you KJB I'll wait it out, I was just curious if anyone had luck getting them, I am on Holland and barret ones at the moment but they make me feel pukey

Back