• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

forceval soluble

Wendyh

I was given the soluble forceval this week for the first-time. I thought I was being a little bit fussy but having read some of the posts about these tablets I realise I'm not on my own - they're vile. I too feel sick just thinking about having to take them. Do the asda tablets contain the same ingredients?

SAM55

Does the soluble forceval make anyone else want to vomit after drinking? The smell really turns my stomach but till the tablets are available again I can't see why choice I have.
I has that problem post op- it was gross! My dietitian said i could either take the soluble or use a different brand A-Z whilst waiting for the capsules. I have been taking Seven Seas A-Z as I had some left from pre-op LRD. My pharmacy told me this week that they were expecting them this week just gone but were told it will be next week now.

Kellylou

I never had the soluble ones I’ve only ever had the capsules and honestly I’m nauseous 5 minutes after taking it....and most days bring up bile not long after, I spoke to the consultant and now take an over the counter one!

SAM55

I never had the soluble ones I’ve only ever had the capsules and honestly I’m nauseous 5 minutes after taking it....and most days bring up bile not long after, I spoke to the consultant and now take an over the counter one!
Did you take them as prescribed - an hour after food? I was sick with them too so started taking them with my breakfast with the thinking that something is better than nothing. Bloods have always been fine.

Kellylou

Yes always taken them as prescribed, Have had several blood tests since stopping taking them and nothing has come back abnormal

Missyme

I couldn’t find a pharmacy that stocked them as they said there was a supply issue, which my dietician confirmed. I was sent some Baricol which can be taken 3 x a day and means you don’t have to take calcium, iron or have B12 injections. It ends up being about £25 a month to buy them. I haven’t bothered and just take 2 x bassets gums. I quite like the taste of them.