• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

***FORCEVAL***

Dawn36

Like a Pheonix
I have now got Forceval on prescription and got my first box of them on Friday. Now it could be that I am a coward, but they are capsules, and they look HUGE. I haven't dared to attempt swallowing them because I am scared of it getting stuck:eek: I know as a capsule they will be easier to swallow than a tablet, but if anyone could just confirm that at just over two weeks out it is OK to swallow them.

I started taking them at about 4 weeks. Took Bassett's chewy multivits until then and haven't had any problems.
The coating does soften if you take them out of the package the day before. The size is a bit daunting but they do go down - honestly.

Lynda

Hi, i was taking them 5 days post op, i thought they was going to be too big, but they go down ok no probbs

I started taking them at 2 weeks post-op and I was fine.

They really do look like Horse Tranq's don't they - They are scary looking!

Good luck!

Oh and remember to eat something before you take them. Taking them on an empty stomach is really not good!

Steph x

I started taking them at about 4 weeks. Took Bassett's chewy multivits until then and haven't had any problems.
The coating does soften if you take them out of the package the day before. The size is a bit daunting but they do go down - honestly.

Lynda
Thank you for replying, and great advice about taking them out the day before.

I started taking them at 2 weeks post-op and I was fine.

They really do look like Horse Tranq's don't they - They are scary looking!

Good luck!

Oh and remember to eat something before you take them. Taking them on an empty stomach is really not good!

Steph x
Thank you Steph, they do indeed look mighty scary but I will be brave. Also thank you for the advice about food first, and I will do that.

anyone know of anything else apart from these ?? i have tried bassets chew ones make me feel ill after a while .. and i find these too big ..

anything the same but qtr the size ??

To be honest, the first time I clapped eyes on my pills I wasnt sure if I was supposed to swallow them or insert them somewhere!!! :eek::eek::eek:
I was told to take them after 4-6 weeks and I think I started them around about 5 weeks out and was totally shocked that they go down really easily. Definately make sure you dont have an empty tummy because oh man do they make you feel sick if taken on an empty tummy.
Steph xx

When I first saw them, I thought, 'they're not going to be happening. If they were a dog pill you'd put butter on it to slip it down the pooches throat.
I have to start taking them again, (post op) from Sunday, and I am a worrying.

To be honest, the first time I clapped eyes on my pills I wasnt sure if I was supposed to swallow them or insert them somewhere!!! :eek::eek::eek:
I was told to take them after 4-6 weeks and I think I started them around about 5 weeks out and was totally shocked that they go down really easily. Definately make sure you dont have an empty tummy because oh man do they make you feel sick if taken on an empty tummy.
Steph xx
lol steph,when I first saw them that is exactly what I thought! I think I am going to hold off until I am passed the puree stage, and I have now put a message on the front of the box telling me not to take on an empty tum!

When I first saw them, I thought, 'they're not going to be happening. If they were a dog pill you'd put butter on it to slip it down the pooches throat.
I have to start taking them again, (post op) from Sunday, and I am a worrying.
Glad to know I am not alone in being fearful of them. I am going to try the advice to take them out of the box a while before taking them. I am going to need a spreadsheet with a timetable to get all my meds in!

Hope things are going well for you, great weightloss already.

Hi,

When I first started taking them I did have some problems of feeling like they were getting stuck. Only lasted a week and I am completely okay now with them.

x

My clinic instructed me to snip the the end off the capsule and squeeze the liquid onto a spoonful of strong tasting food and then swallow. But be aware, it tastes absoloutley awful. I had to do this for one month after op.

Well ... am I the only person who still snips the end after 6 months? Cos of the size I didnt think to swallow them - even this far down the road.

I guess I had better start swallowing them from tomorrow then ... !!!lol:8855:

Well ... am I the only person who still snips the end after 6 months? Cos of the size I didnt think to swallow them - even this far down the road.

I guess I had better start swallowing them from tomorrow then ... !!!lol:8855:

when you say you snip the end, does that mean you then take just the contents, and if so, do you just take it or add it to something first?

I have to confess I havent started taking mine yet as I am still using up the vit liquid I was given beforehand. I will need to start taking them next week I think. I wasnt aware they were liquid inside, if that is the case, then I shall do with them what I do with the vit drops, add the liquid to a tablespoon of milk and a tiny pinch of splenda then knock it back. I am imagining they probably taste like the vit drops which is yuk anyway!

Hi Brett :) It's good to see you're still around and looking good. tbh I wouldnt know what other vit sup to recommend as forceval has more of basically everything in it. Maybe try doing what others have suggested and snip off the end and just take the liquid, the milk/splenda does make it a tad more palatable or you could always use crusha sugar free milkshake to put the liquid in.

Back