• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Forceval

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi am gagging taking these as they so big, is there anything else I can take?

awww bex :( cant you break them up?

No hun, they look like they should be put up other end lol

lol try that then :D

I will be taking Sanatogen too starting next week. They are pretty big too thou! I think the other one the doctors were saying about is Centrum??

I will be taking Sanatogen too starting next week. They are pretty big too thou! I think the other one the doctors were saying about is Centrum??
im pretty sure you can get chewable ones honey x

I take forceval and you do get used to it. I would persevere if I were you. They go a little softer if you leave them out of the foil for an hour or two before you intend to take it. They are rock hard and difficult to swallow sometimes but I find exposure to air makes them easier to take.
Hope you can manage to take them, they are very important.
I find taking all my pills a right pain in the whatzit and a total waste of a cup of tea!
Lynne x

What about a tablet crusher, Bex. I bought one when I first came home & it was invaluable. You can crush finely or just into a few pieces. Good luck, sugar cos they are vital xxx :wave_cry:

Hi Bex,
I take forceval and until I am ready to swallow them whole, becuase they are a big capsule you can take them way I was shown in hospital.
I put some fromage frais on a teaspoon, massage the forceval in the capsule so its soft, cut of the end, squeeze the contents onto the fromage frais, then use another teaspoon to cover the forceval up with more fomrage frais and swallow!!

I have also tried taking them on a spoon with other foods like soup but not as good as masking the taste. Please try this way you cannot taste it and it goes down in one go. Whatever happens though try not to taste it becuase it really is vile, even worse than the liquid iron!!!!

What about a tablet crusher, Bex. I bought one when I first came home & it was invaluable. You can crush finely or just into a few pieces. Good luck, sugar cos they are vital xxx :wave_cry:

They are not a tablet but liquid inside a capsule, think of a big capsule of something like cod liver oil or evening primrose oil, similar in size to that.
Wendy x

I think you can get forceval in capsule form so you can open them and make the contents into a paste.
If you buy any other sort, this is the minimum requirement you need.
Vit B1 (thiamine) over 1.4mg
Vit B12 over 1ug
Folacin (folic acid) over 200 ug
You may also need iron in the form of ferrous sulphate 200mg x2 daily if you are prone to anaemia or if your bloods show you are becoming anaemic.
calcium 800-1000mg per day.
Branded products that are suitable are Sanatogen gold A to Z, Seven seas multibionta and Boots Adult multi vitamins.

This is copied from the advice sheet my hospital sent to me. HTH

I bought some kids chewable ones from Asda, they're suitable for adults too. And taste like orange yum

They are not a tablet but liquid inside a capsule, think of a big capsule of something like cod liver oil or evening primrose oil, similar in size to that.
Wendy x

Oh, I didn't know that as I am still on the Bassetts chewable ones. Looking forward to this farce now though, NOT :cry: xxx

Oh, I didn't know that as I am still on the Bassetts chewable ones. Looking forward to this farce now though, NOT :cry: xxx
awww honey, if you read what wendy said in another post, you can massage the capsule till soft, snip the end and mix it with yogurt or something :) xxx

awww honey, if you read what wendy said in another post, you can massage the capsule till soft, snip the end and mix it with yogurt or something :) xxx

Eurggghhhh :cry: I can't look at yoghurt since the milk diet, lol. :eek: I am good at taking tablets thought so will have to see how I go ... either that or try it the other route Bex thought they should go :eek::eek: xxx

Bottom end u mean tink lol x

The chewable ones dont have enough vitamins/minerals.Please try popping the Forceval all in a tupperware box and put one out the night before.Have a drink of water so your mouth is wet,pop it lengthways on your tongue have another drink and swallow.I think they are in the gelatine capsule so they dissolve slower in your stomach.Dont take them with your calcium as one stops the other absorbing properly.

Is that called a hammer Twinkle?

Back