• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a little intimidated by Forceval

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
Them forceval capsules are :eek: BIG :eek:. Tell me, when did you start swallowing them whole. Is there any other way of taking them, i.e pricking and squeezing out the contents into a palatable substance? I'm due to start on mine tomorrow, 2 weeks post surgery.

Hi RC, yes they are huge arn't they. I have a band and I take them with a hot cup of tea in the hope they melt before they get stuck. Haven't had them stick yet which is just as well. I expect it will be different for you as you have had bypass - someone will be along who knows about it I'm certain x

Hi guys....sorry to sound dense....wot are these tabs and wot are they used for ...........

Thanks a bunch - All the best - MeJulie xx

I was given them in hospital the day after surgery. They are great for post op as they dissolve in the pouch so they don't get stuck. You'll be fine with them.

They go down with liquid well but be warned - some of us have experienced that if you take them on an empty stomach you get severe tummy pain! Wait till you have eaten!

I take them with no problem at all I pop it on a spoon of yogurt and it slides down

Dont take the content of the capsule out as messing with them they will not work properly

I had to take forceval for 6 months bout 3 yrs ago and they reminded me of horses pills they are so massive, i 2 took them after a meal with a big gulp of drink and sometimes ate something soft after like a spoon of yoghurt as it helped it feel like it was not stuck in my throat.

I take them with no problem at all I pop it on a spoon of yogurt and it slides down

Dont take the content of the capsule out as messing with them they will not work properly

Lol i just posted at the same time and said the same thing, yoghurt is def the best way for the horse pills :D:D:D

Be sure to let us 'wannabe' postoper's how it goes down... for our reference lol xx

I got a shock when i first saw them but i had been assured how easy they were to take. I took my first one 6wks post-op and i felt as if it was stook in my throat all weekend (so i went back on to fluids for a day until the feeling passed).

Stopped taking them for a couple of weeks and now i can take them no problem - like some others i will take them after i've eaten as for myself i don't they suited me well on an emptyish stomach, so now i take them after breakfast or lunch.

Sending you hugs and fairy dust xx

Where abouts in Manchester did you ahe your bypass? I'm from Manchester to!!
Cherrycookie xx:):)
Hi Cherrycookie, and welcome to Minis.

I had my NHS surgery at Salford Royal Hospital, with the renowned Mr. Ammori. It's possible that you will go there too if you are waiting for NHS surgery. There is a fair few on Minis who are in the Greater Manchester area and have gone through SRH. I hope you get to surgery soon :).

hiya!!!

they are a multi vit

Thanks Teen.

Just wanted to say well done so far on your fantastic weight loss!!!:thankyouthankyou:
Mine has slowed down alot now, not lost anything for ages. But I have become more positive today and seemed to have changed my frame of mind, hopefully this will enable me to kickstart my weightlosses again!!!:)

Back