• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fortnightly challenge...?

ceejay

Hi everyone. I've just been reading through a few threads and noticed how common it is to weigh-in too frequently, then get disheartened when the weight fluctuates. We all know the best thing is to chose a certain day of the week, then stick to that day at that time every week thereafter, however, we are all obsessed by the numbers and give in to the urge to step on more often.
So I challenge you.....
Ditch the scales for a fortnight!
Weigh-in on your usual day (if you have one) then hide the scales for 2 whole weeks. At that time, hop back on.... I am confident that the majority of us will be pleasantly surprised by the numbers, as well as by the way it motivates you to 'stick to it'.
So, who's in...?
I'll start my 2 week challenge on Monday, my usual day.
Good luck everyone.

ceejay

Well, here goes....
Today I weigh 14st 13lbs.
I'll ditch the scales for 2 weeks and weigh in again Monday 24th September (hope I can keep off them)

Anyone else giving it a go...?

Paula Garner

I'll join. Today I weigh 147.9 kilos. I'll weigh myself on Sunday 23rd before my op. goal to lose 10lb.

Last edited:

dinkydink

I will try to do this but the thought of not getting on the scales makes me panic! I weighed 186.8 pounds today. Will try and weigh again on the 25th. Argh!!!!! Bet I can't even do a day though :) x

ceejay

Not weighed myself today! Have taken the batteries out of scales and hid them!! It's my only hope!!!!

I think I'm gonna find it harder than I thought.... I got the hubby to put mine in the loft (I never go up there!) as I'm soooo tempted to hop on..

ceejay

Really struggling this weekend - I even sttod on the scales without switching them on!! What's that all about... lol

I usually weigh-in in the morning, so I'm putting the scales back in the loft tonight.
Good luck everyone.

Dimples70

ceejay said:
Really struggling this weekend - I even sttod on the scales without switching them on!! What's that all about... lol

I usually weigh-in in the morning, so I'm putting the scales back in the loft tonight.
Good luck everyone.

I've just laughed out allowed at the thought of you standing scales without switching it on HILARIOUS !

dinkydink

In wavering too it was close this morning but I resisted!!! I feel so much better about myself without the obsessive weighing!!!xxxx

dinkydink

I have failed! I got on the scales this morning :( They were the same! Exactly the same! 186.4.. They are clearly in a mood with me for deffing them out for a week!!!! Or broken!! Gonna try again lol x

kirstyjade

Hope your surgery has gone well paula, and wishing you a speedy recovery...let us all know how it went when you feel up to it x

ceejay

Can't believe I've actually done this challenge - I've not weighed myself at all and my fortnight is up tomorrow... I feel like I might have lost a couple of lbs, but I'm secretly hoping for 3 or 4. :cross: Tomorrow will tell....:scale: