• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

freezing hands a feet ????

kphorrox

the last couple of weeks i like alot of you out there is feeling the cold.
my fingers and feet are freezing like i have frost bite and they start turning blue has anyone else had this ??

feet

the last couple of weeks i like alot of you out there is feeling the cold.
my fingers and feet are freezing like i have frost bite and they start turning blue has anyone else had this ??
yes my toes are so cold if i stamp them i think my toas will fall off lol.never been this cold am now wearing bed sock all day and my boots with fur in them as slippers and heating on full 24/7 cant thing about the bill o well cross that bridge when i have to

Kerry - that is one thing we all seem to have in common as we lose weight; we spent such a long time in previous years even in cold weather turning the heating down, and stripping off layers as well as looking like we had permanant hot flushes. Its not very nice trying to keep warm when we`re not used to it. But look on the bright side - next summer which we always used to dread because we could`nt stand the heat, at least we will be able to acclimatise to enjoying the warmer weather instead of dreading it.

Wrap up well indoors and out - this could be a very long, very cold winter and I for one don`t think I will get used to it!

Take care x

Love Kat x

I have been lucky so far regarding the cold, not felt it yet even with these freezing cold weather......Wrap up warm laydee's and gents....... Julie xx

I cant seem to get my hands warm, sat at a computer all day doesnt help, think im going to invest in some fingerless gloves.

Ive got socks on with full sheepskin slippers :eek: A few months ago I couldn t wear these slipper as after about 10 mins my feet were so warm they felt like they would explode lol.....now I never take them off! Also being such a red hot sexy momma I now always wear socks in bed....dont allow hubby to though :D XX

Awww Kerry... that sounds painful...

I'm diabetic and have limited feeling in my feet and hands... so I have to take particular care to be sure they are being looked after... I don't feel my feet... now and again my toes will 'twinge' and it reminds me I still have toes... Currently. I have fur lined slippers to wear... plus diabetic bed socks... which I tend to keep on my feet whilst indoors and change them for a fresh pair before bed... this seems to work for me...

I also rely upon a coal fire in our location which is great to sit and watch... but it needs a lot of TLC and it can drop down and go cold... it's just the layout of our home, we have central heating to back it up, but it's hard to keep the heating going all of the time because of the cost.

It's actually an interesting topic.. we should be able to keep warm and any tips are so gratefully received....

Thinking of you Kerry... with love and hugs... xxx

Ginger in drinks helps boost you metabolism keeps circulation going,moving around indoors,dont sit too long.I went to Bon Marche and bought their leggings,which i wouldnt wear normally and use them under trousers too keep warm.Really works and comfy too.Should of got large not xl as they will fill snugger but hey ho.Two pairs for a tenner,Cheaper tha n Evans tights or Marks thermal pants!

I put my pjs and bed socks in the bed to warm on the electric blanket!Straight on after a warm shower and off to bye byes!Or if you are going out pop your gloves in the microwave for a few secs.Keep your head covered outdoors and get some foam/fleece insoles for your boots.I pinch hubbys fishing socks for in my wellies.If you hate being bundled up with a scarf,cut an old polo neck sweater to make a neck and chest warmer.So you have the polo and a'bib' front and back,to keep chest and back warm.I have been making Polo ponchos out of old fleece scarves,more practical than a scarf.Fold a fleece scarf in two,cut in half across,stitch either side from top about 12in,fold down'polo' and there you have it.Do them for little ones to save them losing scarves,keeps them snug.Anyone need more details email your address and I will post a pattern to you.

I have never been so cold in my life. I'm usually the one who walks around dressed in a t-shirt ragardless of the season. I now wear a t-shirt or top under a thick jumper, socks (stolen hubbies, I'll have to buy my own), or tights and socks under trousers. My bedroom window has remained firmly shut when it was always open before even in snow etc. Like Carol I'm dreading the heating bills. but, I'm still glad I had my op and hubby is now glad I'm sympathetic about him being cold.

Rebirthxx

My family love it, I was always turning the heating off before calling them soft and saying "its not even cold!" lol......now Im saying "Im freezing, turn the heating up and shut that window!" How times change :D XX

Nadine is so right... we are losing our insulation!

But come the summer when we are all floating around in backless, sleeveless dresses we'll be beaming with radiance and warmth....

I've sorted my winter jumpers out and even when I'm in my nightclothes... I've a huge winter cardigan on... I don't care what I look like... I can bear being too cold and even at 20 stone... I still felt it for some reason... maybe the diabetes...

It's going to be an expensive winter again for heating and the gas & electricity companies insistent on increasing their prices... they should be frozen.... just as we are....

Love and hugs xxx

I suffer with ice cold hands even indoors when the heating is on. I went to the docs and they said that there is nothing wrong and nothing they can do.
Its been like this for years now. I love my laptop as i can put my left hand under it to keep that hand warm from the heat that comes out, but the right hand is used a lot more so is freezing most of the time.
Any ideas of how i can keep my hands warmer when indoors. I do have Gel hand warmers which i use when i take my son to his football matches on a Sunday but i have to boil them to reuse them. Thanks xxxx

like most of the others...i used to be hot all the year round....now the opposit....cold all year round....lol.....but i dont mind swapping heat for the weight loss.....
BIF...........

hi everyone
I suffer from excruciating pain in my hands and feet every year when it starts to get colder. Also get bad pain when getting stuff from fridge or freezer.
It is a condition called Raynauds Syndrome - might be worth getting checked out

Go see your gp! I have a wls friend at goal who suffers with this in the last year or two, it appears she has 'Raynards'. Apart from cold blue toes it's bloody painful too! Worth a google and a visit to the docs i think....

We always assume stuff happens because of our wls when it could be something else...

Good luck and keep us posted xx

i think alot of this stems after the surgery due to this simple analogy, our bodies are like a steam train boiler....before we used to be able to shovel in loads of fuel/coal....allowing the boiler to run at full power....now we can't get the fuel into the boiler, and it can't get up to full pressure, thus less heat, also remember the ''fat suit'' has gone now, and fat is a brilliant insulator....also when cold the extremities will suffer the most, the body will try to keep the core warmest for longest, thus cold hands and feet, always where decent thermal socks and gloves when out and about, keep warm, if you are concerned mention it to your GP to put your mind at rest ;)

Back