• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Friday 19th july srh

melissa82

Well it's creeping upon me..... B-day (balloon day) this Friday! After 2 years of waiting its here!! I'm excited but nervous. Just want it over! Anyone else in Srh that day? Xx

Good luck Melissa! You say you've waited two years - is the list really that long for a balloon at Srh?

Good luck for tomorrow hun :) x

Will be thinking of you xx

Thinking of you Melissa good luck :)

Well I'm done and out, I'm on the ward. I was first in this morning . All seems ok so far but not allowed water till 2pm so we will see lol x

Wayyyyhaey! Congrats hun :)
They give you an anti emetic so you won't be feeling sick on waking up.. Well they did me anyway. It will take a wee bitty to wear off. Fingers crossed you will be fine just remember to only take the teeny tiniest sips of water or it will revisit you hun ;) x

You might wanna get someone to bring a hand held fan in for you, it was so hot in there on wed n thurs I think it made me feel worse.

Congrats Melissa. How was the actual procedure? Were you aware of anything or did the sedative knock you out? I'm starting to freak out a bit as my date approaches...

Congrats Melissa. How was the actual procedure? Were you aware of anything or did the sedative knock you out? I'm starting to freak out a bit as my date approaches...

Hiya, don't worry! It's totally fine. Sedative I don't think worked as I felt totally the same during before and after...... But I'm not going to fib and say plain sailing it was very borky, and ive felt sicky since about 2 hours after.......... Just been sick but feel a little better now.

I've had anti sickness so hopefully I'll feel a little better soon. But I had no idea it was only water today no soup or food of any kind :( xxxxx

Thanks M! I need to just relax and stop obsessing about it..I've read probably 100 reviews online from people who have had an endoscopy, but for every ten people saying "it's not too bad" my stupid brain of course still fixates on the one person who says it is horrific.

Let us know how you get on! x

Thanks M! I need to just relax and stop obsessing about it..I've read probably 100 reviews online from people who have had an endoscopy, but for every ten people saying "it's not too bad" my stupid brain of course still fixates on the one person who says it is horrific.

Let us know how you get on! x

I was exactly the same?, you'll be totally fine.
I've had yogurt for lunch and was fine, so home soon xxxxx

Struggling........... Had balloon fitted Friday and it's now Tuesday....... Really struggling with the concept I want to eat but physically can't- I could cry. Will this eventually stop x

I was about 10 days before I felt I could "eat" something ... It does get better hun just keep the fluids going in & Remember small sips ;) ((((hugs))))

You'll feel much better in a couple more days. I had mine fitted on wed and it was yesterday that I really enjoyed what I was eating. Sugar free ice pops have been great for getting more fluids in. The anti-sickness and anti-spasmodics they sent me home with made me ill though, I've not taken any since friday and felt better for it.

Back