• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

swine flu

Two of my grandchildrens schools have been closed because of it. My daughter in law rang her doctor panicking because one of my grandsons has severe asthma and was told that should he start developing symptoms then she is to ring immediately day or night for Tamiflu.

They can use it as a preventative apparently but its only effective for a couple of weeks and once taken it can't be taken again, so that means if someone is misdiagnosed, has Tamiflu, then gets Swine flu further down the line, they can't be treated.

Last night my daughter in law rang to say that Danny has caught it and has been admitted to hospital as a precaution. About an hour later another of my sons rang to say that his little girl Scarlet has also been admitted into hospital with it. Both children have terrible asthma and chest problems so need watching. The oldest grandchild has also got it but seems to be ok.

Me, I'm keeping in touch via phone and staying indoors until my own immune system is a bit stronger. I've even told the district nurses any sign of a sniffle and they stay the other side of the door..lol Like the kids I've also been told to ring immeadiately should I show any symptoms but so far feel fine, fingers crossed, am a bit worried because Scarlet stayed here last week.

Did try to ring the doctors to get something for hubbies hayfever to be told that they are dealing with emergencys and Swine Flu only and to ring again in a couple of weeks about his hayfever so the poor doctors must be rushed off their feet with it.

One thing the Health Visitor did say to my daughter in laws is to make sure that they are giving their children multivitamins and minerals so that should they catch it they have a better chance of fighting it.

Two of my grandchildrens schools have been closed because of it. My daughter in law rang her doctor panicking because one of my grandsons has severe asthma and was told that should he start developing symptoms then she is to ring immediately day or night for Tamiflu.

They can use it as a preventative apparently but its only effective for a couple of weeks and once taken it can't be taken again, so that means if someone is misdiagnosed, has Tamiflu, then gets Swine flu further down the line, they can't be treated.

Last night my daughter in law rang to say that Danny has caught it and has been admitted to hospital as a precaution. About an hour later another of my sons rang to say that his little girl Scarlet has also been admitted into hospital with it. Both children have terrible asthma and chest problems so need watching. The oldest grandchild has also got it but seems to be ok.

Me, I'm keeping in touch via phone and staying indoors until my own immune system is a bit stronger. I've even told the district nurses any sign of a sniffle and they stay the other side of the door..lol Like the kids I've also been told to ring immeadiately should I show any symptoms but so far feel fine, fingers crossed, am a bit worried because Scarlet stayed here last week.

Did try to ring the doctors to get something for hubbies hayfever to be told that they are dealing with emergencys and Swine Flu only and to ring again in a couple of weeks about his hayfever so the poor doctors must be rushed off their feet with it.

One thing the Health Visitor did say to my daughter in laws is to make sure that they are giving their children multivitamins and minerals so that should they catch it they have a better chance of fighting it.

Hi Bonita

Sorry to hear the little ones have it...I wish them a speedy recovery...and hope that you don't go on to develop it.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Back