• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fullness?

slimsuz

Hi all, I am about 3 and a half weeks out from my sleeve op. I have just done 3 weeks of liquids and started on puréed food this week. I am a bit concerned that I feel hungry often and that I have not yet felt "full". I expected this strong feeling of pressure or heaviness when my sleeve was full but so far have experienced nothing. I have been careful on the volume I intake because I am scared to eat too much, but I can polish off a yogurt and not feel any restriction or fullness.... Is this normal?? Thanks in advance! Xxx

Hi I have also had a sleeve I am coming upto a year post op on the 7/12/14 I must say when I was 3 weeks post op I could only manage maybe 3 teaspoons of puréed food yoghurt dinner etc I do know it varies from a person to person and my surgeon said my sleeve was small but I do feel you should be feeling restriction especially as your stomach will be swollen still at this stage . I'm sure your be fine maybe consult your surgeon or hospital if your concerned . I'm sure you will be delighted with the end result as I am the gastric sleeve is amazing and I'm so glad I had it done . Take care xxxx

Hi there, at 3 week's post op I struggled with more than 100ml at a time but I have some ongoing complications which weren't diagnosed at that early stage.

As long as you're following your plan and not trying to eat too much I wouldn't worry, perhaps give your dietician a call and touch base?

I'm 7 months post op now and some days I still struggle with finishing a yoghurt and the second I have the feeling of being full I stop otherwise I am prone to throwing up.

Good luck!

I've also just remembered I went through a couple of weeks of feeling what I thought was hunger but I think it was my stomach healing. At this point I never felt full but worked through it by really focusing on sipping away at water and making my own sugar free iced tea. Keep your fluids up and if you're still not satisfied it might be worth trying the Dario yoghurts as they're much higher in protein than standard yoghurt and protein keeps you full for hours!

Strange question, but what sensation do you feel when you are full? Is it the same as before your op? I do get a kind of reflux, perhaps that is due to eating too much, but it seems to come on quite a while after eating, you are right, I will drop my dietician a line. Many thanks xxx

When I'm full I can't face my food. I push it around the plate and the idea of another bite is too much! If I eat even a mouthful too much I get that old Christmas day feeling of eating for 12 hours straight but still going back for a second or third helping, that ache like you need to be sick and have a lay down!

When I've eaten the right amount it feels satisfied and any inkling of hunger vanishes for hours.

Hi, im three and a half months out and i certainly felt the restriction but we are all different. The feeling i got, and still do, is like a hard feeling in my chest once ive filled my stomach. Its like its reached the top and is pressing on my oesophagus.
Other people get other signals, its all different. Also to are the quantities, I still too can only manage a maximum of 150g of yoghurt and i feel stuffed.

Just take it easy, you will still be very swollen. The hunger feeling will also probably be acid or thirst. i got that feeling too at about 3 weeks.

Back