• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding in sheffield.

xkirsty88

Was just wondering if any one could help re funding, I wanted to know if you can find out if you have it or if you just have to wait? I was referred at the end of August, I have a date for a seminar at the northern general hospital on the 21st of November but I don't have any idea as to what happens after, Just had a few replies on one thread but that's all and I'm still pretty confused. I've only had one letter and that was for the date of the seminar, no other info. Was referred via weigh ahead after my initial 12 weeks and in that time I only lost just over a stone, and that was a struggle for me, that was with healthy eating and going swimming and to the gym.

i attended weigh ahead from january to july and then was referred to the bariatrics team. i got a letter to attend a seminar in august and on that day we had to let them know if we wanted to go ahead for surgery. i then recieved a letter in the post to see mr ackroyd beginning of september and met with the registrar and we agreed on bypass surgery. a week later i recieved a letter to go for pre op assesment at the beginning of october and now im just waiting for a letter giving me the date for my surgery so i can start the pre op diet

hope this helps

oh and my signature details my exact timeline to date :)

Thank you robina, that helps a lot. I don't want to get my hopes up as I'm so excited that it could finally be happening after all my struggles. I'm trying to keep from getting too excited but I can't help it, and I'm not that good with being let down as I suffer with depression so it easily all gets on top of me.. Thanks again :) x

Kirsty

i had myself convinced that i would be turned away either at the first appointment with the registrar or at the pre op but both went fine and i moved on to the next stage

That is really great! Very happy for you! May I ask how much you weigh and what your bmi is? I'm around 158kg/ 24s 11lb bmi around 60 I think.. X

Kirsty

around 156kg currently with a bmi of 62 i think. i started weighing 170kg

The most I have weighed was 25s12lb.. I put almost 6 stone on in just over 2 years after injuring my back at work and not being able to work since then, and through all that I now suffer with depression, which doesn't help with the comfort eating and binge eating... Xx

Kirsty

Back