• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fungal brown toe :-( And Arnica

penguina

On my telephone pre op, I was asked if I had any infections that would hinder my recovery. I said no.

But now I am thinking I have a bit of a fungal toe nail, about a 5th of the nail of the big toe. Didn't even think about it, should I ring the bariatric nurse back on monday and confess all?

Also I wanted to start taking Arnica for healing but forgot to ask about this too. Did anyone else take Arnica before their op?

Ta muchly ! T

I am not sure if that will effect your healing but if you still have it on the day of your op and you are worried mention it to your team, as for the arnica i was advised to take it but I spoke to my surgeon and he said didn't see the point in taking it so j didn't and healed quite quickly. Hope all goes well for you x

Thanks debbie I will have the brown toe nail next week, I have had it for a couple of years! I did go to buy some of that stuff advertised on the tele once but it was over £20 and I never got round to it. Maybe i'll give them a ring monday.

Hi Trisha,
I took an Arnica tablet and a multivitamin for 6 weeks immediatley before my op (great advice from Shelbell) and I'm sure it helped enormously with my healing and wellbeing. Good luck with your op
Sue xx

Yup I used the tiny arnica pillules from boots for a few weeks pre and post op and I think they helped as my bruising disappeared quickly and my healing was quite fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks Guys I think I will start today and just confirm with Jeremy that it is OK tomorrow. I was planning to start 5 days before.

Our local Witch swears by arnica and advised it for my mum's hip op. She had a beautiful little pink scar soon afterwards, I think it definitely helped with inner healing.

Don't worry too much RE infections etc. I had the tail end of an abscess on the top of where my bikini line should be lol when I went into theatre and was panicking so much that they wouldn't do op but it was all ok and went ahead as planned!

Be careful if taken to close to your surgery it can depress you breathing and affect your immediate recovery and regaining of consciousness.
For many people it is fine for some it's not so safe.

Thanks Angel re the infections, I didn't even think of it, until I thought about buying slippers. RE the arnica now I am back to square one. Maybe wait till tomorrow and see what Jeremy nurse says. I can't believe it is so close now.

Back