• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Infections before surgery

clairemp

Hi,

I was just reading on another site about a lady whose surgery got cancelled because of a fungal toe nail infection.

I have a very small area of infection on one toe nail. It's very stubborn. I forgot about it at pre op and they didn't ask a question re infections to remind me. Only about broken skin which I don't have.

Has anyone here had surgery cancelled for a fungal nail infection..?

Thanks

Claire

Hi Hun

I wouldn't of thought for one second that they would cancel it for a nail infection Claire. Could you get some medication from your GP in the meantime? That way you could just mention it to the team and tell them that you have had treatment for it.

Try not to worry sweet. I was exactly the same xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Bless you Hun..

I need to stop googling so much :)

Getting myself so worked up for probably nothing.

Xx

They checked out all my rashes and skin problems yesterday and didn't appear to have a problem. I have what's been described as a dermatitis type condition where I get very itchy break outs of spots that blister. I somEtimes take antihistamine when it gets too bad throughout the summer I'm on long term antihistamines, creams and other medication.

Back