• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funny lump/swelling??

Porpo

Hi,

Last night I noticed that I've got like a strange lump kind of in my lower abdomen. Its slightly above and to my left of my belly button but you can see a protrusion when I stand up and if you feel it it's like really hard. It feels to be about the size of a tangerine or something but the other side is flat and soft when you push it. I've made an appointment with the GP but I was wondering if it could be swelling from the surgery or is it too low, or could it be something else?? It doesnt feel like a hernia or anything.

Any ideas, am trying not to panic...

x

It could be a hernia, which is where part of an organ pokes through a weakened muscle layer. When we are covered in a nice layer of fat, you often can't see a hernia. When we start to lose that layer the hernias can come to the surface. Yes, see your GP, but don't panic.

My GP cant see me for 3 weeks! Have managed to talk them into letting me see someone else on Monday. I dont think its a hernia I cant move it when I push it. Also it's only just appear in the last week or so, wondered if it could be bypass related?

Do you have a special nurse you can ring where you had your op done just to ease the panic a little till you see the GP on Monday.

Hun could u not get an app as an emergency or do u not have "a walk in clinic " in ur area as it does sound like a hernia and lots of peeps do get hernia`a after their bypass, hun have ur rung ur bariatric team and got some advice as u r only a few weeks post op as it is a bit worrying that u say the size of a tangerine that is big. I dont want to worry you but pls dont wait till Monday pls get it checked out.
Hun i saw u live in Manchester here is a list of 6 Nhs walk in centres in manchester, u dont need an app it is like a GP service and u just walk in and wait to be seen.
Pls let us know how you get on take care luv Roch xxx

NHS Manchester - Walk-in Centres

Natalie - I've left a message for my Barriatric Nurse to contact me in case it wont wait till next week - thought I'd see what she says.

Roch - Thanks for the info!

x

I would pop off to the walk-in centre if I were you!! I'm sure you're fine but I always feel better if someone has had a good old prod to see what it is!! Lol!

xxxxxxxxx

Porpo

Have you been constipated at all? I think the best people to see are the wl team tbh. I would call them again but dont panic.

You poor thing youve been having a bit of a time of it havent you. :(

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon, let us know the outcome

Xx

Hiya Porpo

I have to agree with the others hun - best get it checked out sooner rather than later.

It does sound like it could be a hernia hun, but best let someone medically trained have a look at it x

Hun, did you manage to talk to anyone about it??
xxx

Hiya,

Ok I spoke to the barriatric nurse and she couldnt be sure but said it sounds like a hernia and I might have had it pre surgery and not realised. She thinks it'll be safe to wait till Monday.

I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks

thanks for the update porpo. Im kinda suspecting I may have 1 possibly 2 (eek). sort of praying that I dont but hey ho.

Let us know what happens monday.

Xx

Hiya my name is christine I have had a gastric bypass 6 weeks ago and I have found all sorts of funny lumps and bumps i never knew i had untill i have lost some of the weight. Try not to worry I am sure that they would have know when they operated on you if they thought you had something major wrong. How are you doing and when did you have your surgery? I had mine done at the Luton and Dunstable hospital in Bedfordshire but have has a few silly things wrong with me since nothing major but niggley little things. speak soon

Back