• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gall Bladder attacks

lotsabeefy

So far i have had 3 that lasted an hour or so each on different days, then one that lasted almost a week......this was over 2 weeks ago and since then i have had no other attacks =, touch wood.

Just wondered how many attacks you guys with gall stones have had, and the longest time you have gone between attacks xxx

You poor love...

Mine could flare up at any time and the pain could drop me to the floor it hurt so much back then... it's also sometimes on account of what you have eaten... I couldn't tolerate dairy products, it triggered an attack.

Are you due to have yours removed Nadine?

If it's playing up, for sure you are better without it.

Love and hugs xxx

I had one out of the blue that lasted for around 6 Hours, I was stuck at work and it was agony. I then went 2 months with nothing, no pain at all then bam 2 on the trot.

My most recent was Saturday, and it lasted around 3 Hours.

I've been told that I have 2 stones the size of golf balls and that my gall bladder is completely diseased, however my GP thinks its down to years of crash dieting and not the bypass.

I'm under the hospital for surgery now and have an appointment for November.

I can sympathise with anyone who endures gallbladder pain, mine was a good few years ago and at first the hospital didn't pick it up back then, so the attacks continued and I thought it was my heart.

Eventually it was diagnosed and removed after a lot of hassle.... they are more aware of it today.

I just had one large stone which they gave me in a testtube... haha... as a souvenir.

Best thing is to get rid if it's playing up and the gallbladder op was the most simplistic of any surgeries I've had over the years, I would not worry about that at all... they took my bile duct at the same time.

Good luck and get rid if it's playing up! (Good luck in November!)

Love and hugs xxx

I have just had surgery to have my stomes removed, they were huge and I have suffered since. You need to get them removed asap because the larger they are the more trouble the op can be. I have an infected wound now due to the problems they had removing them and to be honest I would rather have put up with the pain from the stones than the pain I've had since the op.

There is a picture of my Gall stones in my photos on my profile page. Hope you get them sorted soon.x

You poor love...

Mine could flare up at any time and the pain could drop me to the floor it hurt so much back then... it's also sometimes on account of what you have eaten... I couldn't tolerate dairy products, it triggered an attack.

Are you due to have yours removed Nadine?

If it's playing up, for sure you are better without it.

Love and hugs xxx

Not sure what they gonna do yet Bev
Thanks xx

I had one out of the blue that lasted for around 6 Hours, I was stuck at work and it was agony. I then went 2 months with nothing, no pain at all then bam 2 on the trot.

My most recent was Saturday, and it lasted around 3 Hours.

I've been told that I have 2 stones the size of golf balls and that my gall bladder is completely diseased, however my GP thinks its down to years of crash dieting and not the bypass.

I'm under the hospital for surgery now and have an appointment for November.

Glad youre getting rid hun, all the best xx

I have just had surgery to have my stomes removed, they were huge and I have suffered since. You need to get them removed asap because the larger they are the more trouble the op can be. I have an infected wound now due to the problems they had removing them and to be honest I would rather have put up with the pain from the stones than the pain I've had since the op.

There is a picture of my Gall stones in my photos on my profile page. Hope you get them sorted soon.x

I seen em babe wow they were hug,e better out than in sorry they caused you problems xx xx

That was really unlucky Terri and your gallstones were an unbelievable size... sorry you are having healing issues... hope it will soon be sorted.

My scar is so tiny I can't see it from my gallbladder operation and it was keyhole... it's bound to vary from person to person in the same way that stones vary too... I was very fortunate and had suffered a great deal of pain before diagnosis back then....

In my case, I've certainly been so much better without mine...

Love and hugs xxx

wow terri, they are huuugggeee, they look like summat youd pick up of a beach, its unbelievable to think that summat like them could be inside of you, wow. i hope you start feeling better soon hun, big hugs xxxx

oh Nadine..
I hope you get this sorted soon...I didn't realise you was still having attacks hun...
sending virtual hugs xx

oh Nadine..
I hope you get this sorted soon...I didn't realise you was still having attacks hun...
sending virtual hugs xx

Not had one for over 2 weeks was just wandering when to expect the next.....coz it hurts xxx

Gall stones are awful and the pain i used to get resembled labour pains, that was years ago though.
Hope you get yours sorted soon Nadine.
Mine were only small when they were removed and i couldnt beleive it when i saw terris they are huge lol. xxxx

House bricks lol xx

I was alway told that its anything with a high fat content in it that triggers the pain off, but i dont know these days, so not sure xxxx

Seems to be dairy and high fats with me, glad in a way that its happened cos i started to drink between 4 and 6 lattes a day which was slowing my weightloss xx

Hope you get on a waiting list soon Nadine-I had terrible attacks 2 years ago when I lost 9 stone on lipotrim
-oh the agony & un predictableness:(

I had 3 seperate gallstone attacks and each one resulted me staying in hosp for 1-2 weeks. On one occasion I was discharged and re admitted in the same day :-( My attacks last days rather then hours and was on gas and air firstly and then morphine via drip for the next few days and was gradually weaned off the morphine....... Not a very nice experience I can tell ya .....Needless to say I had my gallbladder removed in 2009 and phew wot a relief that was.

I had one that lasted about 4 hours. I went to the Emergency Room, on the advice of my GP, and they admitted me for surgery.

I've heard it can be fats that trigger it but, unfortunately, everyone is different.

I hope it works out for you, soon.

Oh you poor thing, I really feel for you! I had gallstones while pregnant with my eldest, 17 years ago and I can still remember the pain now. I had attacks on almost a daily basis at its worst, every single thing I ate triggered an attack, I lived on fat free yoghurt and bananas!!

I had a near fatal attack of pancreatitis just after I gave birth, so they took me in and whipped my GB out as soon as I had recovered from the flare up, thankfully. Hope you soon get rid of yoiurs!!
xx

Back