• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gall Bladder attacks

Oh you poor thing, I really feel for you! I had gallstones while pregnant with my eldest, 17 years ago and I can still remember the pain now. I had attacks on almost a daily basis at its worst, every single thing I ate triggered an attack, I lived on fat free yoghurt and bananas!!

I had a near fatal attack of pancreatitis just after I gave birth, so they took me in and whipped my GB out as soon as I had recovered from the flare up, thankfully. Hope you soon get rid of yoiurs!!
xx

Thanks Dell at least you don't need to worry about your gall bladder in the future

I had my gall bladder out 16 years ago. The pain began in my first pregnancy but I put it down to wind! After no.2 son was born it began again, and the pain became so severe and regular it would deck me for days. I would be screaming in pain and rolling on the floor, even be sick because the pain was so bad. Only morphine helped the pain go away.

Eating an almost fat free diet helped to stave off attacks. But I had it removed when no.2 son was 5 months old and hardly a problem since. (they left the bile duct in and very occasionally that gives trouble, but rarely and not as bad)

My gall bladder was full of what looked like gravel. The recent complications with my bypass, the pain was similar...but worse!

I had my gall bladder out 16 years ago. The pain began in my first pregnancy but I put it down to wind! After no.2 son was born it began again, and the pain became so severe and regular it would deck me for days. I would be screaming in pain and rolling on the floor, even be sick because the pain was so bad. Only morphine helped the pain go away.

Eating an almost fat free diet helped to stave off attacks. But I had it removed when no.2 son was 5 months old and hardly a problem since. (they left the bile duct in and very occasionally that gives trouble, but rarely and not as bad)

My gall bladder was full of what looked like gravel. The recent complications with my bypass, the pain was similar...but worse!

Thanks Charis
I'm starting to wonder if mine arnt so bad i only had that one big attack, i darnt eat hardly anything though xx

Get the blighter out. I had terrible attacks pretty much out of the blue but regular, lasting hours and hours. I eventually got jaundice which (after months of investigation) turned out to be because of the scar tissue from the attacks. Mine was like Charis...gravelly with a few larger ones....i was so glad the darn thing had gone.

Reactions: Bev
Nadine
how long after surgery did you get your first attack?
xx

2 weeks ago so about 9 months xx

:wave_cry:Nadine-just looking at your stats again
-have you really lost all that weight in 9 months???
that's fab:D:D:D

I can remember watching the documentary you were in at the Spire-
have they done a follow-up on you? They really need to;)

:wave_cry:Nadine-just looking at your stats again
-have you really lost all that weight in 9 months???
that's fab:D:D:D

I can remember watching the documentary you were in at the Spire-
have they done a follow-up on you? They really need to;)

Yup lost it in 9 months or so, no follow up documentary i'm afraid xx

Reactions: Bev
Back