• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gall bladder

I spoke to Mr Ammori about this and he said they dont. I know Shaw Sommers does when he does open bypass but I dont know about other docs. x

I've been wondering this too and am planning to ask about it at my consultation next month. I'd be interested to know what you're told if you do ask.
X

They took mine out when i had my lap bypass.
They said the night before the op that if they got in there and it looked straight forward and wouldn't complicate the op that they would take it, and they did. (i had a layer of small stones that were only problematic occasionally if one of them shifted, but i'm glad they took it as i was warned that with rapid weight loss it can set them off)
It does increase recovery time/ symptoms a little and i have more post op aches from that site than the bypass site. I also had a wayward stone trapped in my duct that caused me some grief one night but on the whole it hasn't been too bad

yes, im due to have my gallbladder removed by keyhole surgery, but Ive already had my bypass. I assume they can do it at the same time if they need to. x

I was told at my initial consultation with Guy Slater that they usually take it out to prevent gallstones. However, none of us girls on my ward who had their surgery keyhole had theirs taken out, I guess it depends on when they operate how large your gallbladder is and whether the surgeon thinks there may already be gallstones there.

Thanks everyone. I will definitely ask at my preop appointment on the 8 April, it's getting close now!

Fizzypeach XXXX

Back