• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Card....Do u carry urs?

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
As above? i received mine in the post and it says to keep it on u at all times so that if something happens they know ive had a band done.

as u know ive been very secretive about this band so i dont wana carry it in my purse as my kids could go through my bag and chuck it out for all to see/things can drop out of bag.

is it important to carry it. do u carry urs.

I have mine in my purse, didn't think about it too much, but now you come to mention it, it might be too risky as ive only told my husband??
And if you hide it away behind cards, whats the point of carrying it!!

i think banders have it as we have an artifical thing inside us. but tbh i agree we wouldnt wana wear a bracelet telling ppl we had it done so i cant see the point of keeping it on us hidden.

so might as well not carry it. hopefully in an emergency worst that could happen is that they damage the band

I carry mine in my purse but to be honest no-one would find it in time even in an emergency. I dont really think it matters so I would make your own mind up about whether you carry it or not
Best wishes to you
Jo XX

Don't have one and has never even been mentioned by my provider!

I was given one on the morning of my discharge from hospital. It is in my purse but its the first thing you see when you open the card section. I guess if I was unconscious someone would be checking for id - so would see it.

tranquil x

i dont have a card was never given one, some hospitals dont give them out x Although i do know after mentioning some people do get them charring cross is thinking about it x

I got one day after my op. my consultant told me strangely, that going through security checks at airports that it may go off. i flew home day after that and no alarms rang although i was waiting for them

I got a foldable card with all details on to go in my purse and a metal tag like a shopping trolley token,You get them online,just look for gastric bypass jewellery.

why would airport scanners be set off? although might come up on those body scan things so then they might think u carryng something dodgy. best to keep it when going away i guess!

I too have mine in my purse, but it is hiding behind other cards.
Am thinking about having "got a band" tatooed on my knuckles, what do you think?
xxx

Yes i carry it at all times..

You never know for what reason you might need it..

Marie x

Back