• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

gastric band operation tomorrow at dolan

smi2ml

Hi i have got my operation tomorrow and am quite nervous , has anyone else had a band done at the dolan surgery? If so did you get much pain afterwards?

Yes I had my band fitted at Dolan Park in July. I am lucky that I havent really had any problems. Peppermint cordial worked for me to stop the wind pain And I just stuck to having the paracetamol liquid they gave me for the first two days to stop any other pain. Otherwise I was pretty pain free

Good luck, the day will fly by :)

hey good luck. I had mine at Dolan and was meant to stay in overnight but felt ok afterwards so left that night

has anyone else had a band done at the dolan surgery? If so did you get much pain afterwards?

Good luck with your op, I have a band (not fitted at dolan) - there is some discomfort post op but we are all different. Where we have the op has no bearing on this lol ;)

Look forward to hearing how it went x

Hi i have got my operation tomorrow and am quite nervous , has anyone else had a band done at the dolan surgery? If so did you get much pain afterwards?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

Please post when you're ready to let us know how it all went.

Take Care

Andy x

I am having mine in Dolan so ll really appreciate ur feedback on how u getting on. Good luck and wishing u a speedy recovery

Just wanted to wish you the very best for your op and hope you have a relatively pain free speedy recovery :):)

Hiya. I had band fitted this tue. Don't expect to move around much that night as there's a fair amount of discomfort. Worst pain I had was being moved from operating table to my bed with no pain relief...but was quick.tramadol was given thru drip but had to have anti sickness with it as within secs I was heaving ready to vomit. If you're like me I spent the night sleeping, before being discharged the next morning. youre still wobbly at this stage and my car journey made me queasy but it's a means to an end...my bed!!! (no tossing and turning in bed, your like a corpse for firstcouple of days in that you lay how you landed lol) now 4 days on and getting better day by day..! good luck xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi guys , its 16.25 and have had my band fitted this morning, im sitting in my room at hosptial....I have no pain, no trapped wind, no pain in my shoulder , no nothing lol.. just a very very slight discumfoot in my stomach area but nothing bad at all..oh the only other thing is a dry mouth but i have been sipping plenty of water....so its npt bad at all...

Melly you look amazing after your loss!

smi2ml said:

Hi I did I'n April it was fine good luck x

6 hours after my band operation

its been about 6hours since my band operation and i feel fine i feel a little dizzy but nothing to worry about , im just waiting now for xfactor to come on lol

Best wishes for tomorrow...hope you're up and on your feet in no time.

Take Care

Andy

thanks everyone for the best wishes , andy what are you having done on 21st october?

Hi

Well..i'll take you through the story :eek:

I was turned down for funding in Jan because i didn't have any records of weight loss for 6 months so i started to see a dietician in May.
In July i was diagnosed with Obstructive sleep apnoea....The results were bad as i was stopping breathing 70 times an hour,and my blood oxygen went as low as 51%..i was more or less unconcious as opposed to sleeping:sigh::cry:

Anyway,I told my Sleep Ap Nurse ( who is absolutely brilliant) that i had been turned down for funding and i was attending a dietician for 6 months etc...and she said that she would get me a referral to see this Professor Alcolado at Queen's Hospital Romford Essex.
She didn't elaborate on anything and i asked what i was seeing him for.She asked if i was still going to try for Bariatric surgery and i said 'Yes'.
She then briefly said that by seeing him,i need to be honest about my eating pattern and that he could possibly 'Fast Track' me a step nearer to get me on the right road.
Even now i'm thinking that although it can only be a good thing going to see a person of his stature,i thought that regardless what happens,only my own PCT can secure my funding,and this is out of my area.
Just another thing,When i received my appointment,it did say that i have to report to 'Team Three' at the hospital.

Again i've tried to look further into this but came up with zilch:(

I guess i'll find out soon enough!

Thanks for asking though...and if yourself or anyone has any clues or ideas what it may or may not be,i'll be glad of any feedback.

Thanks
Andy xx

Back