• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr El Hasani waiting list

Does anyone know the number for his secretary? I can't find it anywhere. My therapist has asked me to call him.

I rang the secretary and asked if she could tell me my position on the waiting list and she said I was well into the 200's with a 2 year wait at least! Gutted but still keeping everything crossed that she's wrong!
VICKY x

Hello! I am afraid I don't know too much about the NHS journey as I was told I wouldn't be able to go on it as although my BMI was over 50 I didn't have any co-morbidities...... so, I scrimped and saved and went private.....anyways, I thought I would let you know that after a bit of research I have worked out that Mr El-Hasani does perform at least 2 bypasses a day at least 2 or 3 days a week for the NHS so maybe you can work it out from there? For instance, if he performs 6 ops in a week then that's at least 312 a year so I am sure your waiting list number doesn't seem so bad now - hope this helps :) xx

Hi Kateyloo,
excuse me for being a complete numtie but how did you manage to research that info, as it sounds like something to keep an eye on, but I wouldnt have a clue where to begin.. d'oh :)
xx

Hi Kateyloo,
excuse me for being a complete numtie but how did you manage to research that info, as it sounds like something to keep an eye on, but I wouldnt have a clue where to begin.. d'oh :)
xx

Hi Sarah - I research for a living so just used my skills and after a lot of searching/reading of different articles I analysed the quantites and that's how I came up with the figures - the only thing I can suggest is make the most of the internet - you will have so many questions and if you make a note of them and then google them when you have the chance I am sure something will come up - whether it be a UK answer or info from our pals across the pond in the USA. Failing that, this website is a god send and there is always someone around to help answer questions or compare your journey - good luck! xx

Been referred to Chelsfield Hospital.. could have my surgery in April !

Been referred to Chelsfield Hospital.. could have my surgery in April !

Ohhh Good luck hun!!

I have been waiting for my bypass with Mr El-Hasani since March 2011, so hoping I wont be waiting toooooooo much longer!

xx

I have my date! 6th April!

Hi

I would still recomend trying to get re referred to a different hospital, MR El-Hassani's waiting list is far too long, he is working on his own and fitting them in between his normal surgeries. They told me last September that the waiting list was 2 years so would be looking at September 2013 for my op, igot it changed and had my bypass last month, the Hospital I went to do so many as they have a dedicated surgical team that do nothing else other than WLS That there waiting list is only 12 weeks and they ave some of the best surgeons in the country doing there surgeries.

Get your GP to do another referral for you, after all you don't want to wait 2 years only to find the NHS has changed the acceptance rules again or even stopped the funding because it was costing too much.

Paul

Ohhh Good luck hun!!

I have been waiting for my bypass with Mr El-Hasani since March 2011, so hoping I wont be waiting toooooooo much longer!

xx

Kizzy it can't be long for you now! Fingers crossed u get ur call really soon

Vicky x

Hi All
New to this forum but really enjoying your posts...

I signed my paperwork on 23 November 2011 and have been offered surgery on 30th April 2012 at Chelsfield. I was told it would be at least a 12mth wait so I'm a bit shocked to be honest! I will be checking the progess of others in a similar situation to give me courage as I'm still apprehensive about having surgery.

Good luck to everyone on here. x

Kizzy70 said:
Ohhh Good luck hun!!

xx

I also went on the waiting list in march for mr El-Hasani since the 21st march 2011 and I have been told by Sharon his sec, I should know by June or July when my op will be she said August/September this year. Fingers crossed do you know what hospital your going to?

I also went on the waiting list in march for mr El-Hasani since the 21st march 2011 and I have been told by Sharon his sec, I should know by June or July when my op will be she said August/September this year. Fingers crossed do you know what hospital your going to?

I had my op 9 days ago hun. I had it done at the Chelsfield in the end. Hope you dont have to wait too much longer x

Hi

It's good news that they are clearing his waiting list through the Chelsfield, when I went to see him for my bypass the waiting list was a massive two years.

Which reminds me I must phone to be taken of his list as I had mine done now.

Paul

Kizzy70 said:
I had my op 9 days ago hun. I had it done at the Chelsfield in the end. Hope you dont have to wait too much longer x

How long before your date did you find out? Is it normal to think they will change their mind and not allow me to have it done?
How are you finding it?

How long before your date did you find out? Is it normal to think they will change their mind and not allow me to have it done?
How are you finding it?

I found out about 2 weeks before my op, was there was not much notice. Even when I was walking down to theatre I kept thinking this is not happening lol.

Even now I still can't believe after all the waiting it finally happened, I have no regrets (so far), and for the fist time in a VERY long time I am looking forward to the future.

Early days and I'm sure I will be up and down ALOT! but all I can say is at the moment I feel great, just getting a bit boored with soup/liquid but only another 2 weeks to go.

It might be worth you ringing the Chelsfield direct, ask to be put through to Sheila (Bariatric Nurse) and she may be able to give you more of an idea with a date.

Good luck hun

Kim x

I wendy on the list Jan 2011 and I had my op on he 24thApril all went well I had mine done at Chesfield . I got a call on the 27th march to ask if i could make april the I got a call from chelsfield on the 7th of april asking me to start the pre op diet and then my surgery was on the 21st,

I was placed on mr.el hasani list in feb 2011.and currently today im in the princess royal hospital,in the waiting room.waiting for a bed.hopefully i will get one.as op is tomorrow.nicky.x

Back