• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mr El Hasani waiting list

kitkatkate

Just spoke to Mr El Hasani's secretary and found out that i am 177th on the waiting list, probably means i will not be having my op this year :(

i saw dr el hasani in june last year and im 210 in the list cant see aqn end to the list ive been getting so much fatter by the minute x

it's a bit disheartening - thought my big xmas dinner was going to be my last - guess not :sigh:

Kate xx

Wow, I just signed the forms and got put on the waiting list on Wednesday. We asked how long we'd have to wait and the nurse said it's about a year! Who do u phone to find out my waiting list number?
Vicky x

Flipping eck girls!dont know what to say,is he doing them all or has he got doctors working with him?Maz x

Wow, I just signed the forms and got put on the waiting list on Wednesday. We asked how long we'd have to wait and the nurse said it's about a year! Who do u phone to find out my waiting list number?
Vicky x

What time was your appointment? I was there weds too to sign my forms.

Mine was at 11 .. i was in with another girl and a guy and a pigeon flew in through the window

Oh star said about that! I was there then, did u find it helpfull? I knew most of it from on here but It makes it seem more real and one step closer everytime I get a letter or go to a appointment!!
VICKY x

Oh star said about that! I was there then, did u find it helpfull? I knew most of it from on here but It makes it seem more real and one step closer everytime I get a letter or go to a appointment!!
VICKY x
well i was there at 10.30 on the same day and i first saw dr el hasani in june of last year and star said a year,but the sec said 3 years xxx so fingers crossed she is wrong but she said he is only doing 6 ops a month compared to 35 a month that he was doing last year ,i asked if it would change and she said she didnt know soooooooooo fingers crossed and there is 200 plus on the waiting list xxx

I saw Dr El Hasani in December, so to be here by now seems quite fast! *holds hands* good luck girls.

Maybe we should all kidnap him and force him to do ours like now!!!
I always knew there would be a wait but 3 years?!?!?! Not sure if I'm kicking myself more about the long wait or not applying sooner!
VICKY x

Hello! I am afraid I don't know too much about the NHS journey as I was told I wouldn't be able to go on it as although my BMI was over 50 I didn't have any co-morbidities...... so, I scrimped and saved and went private.....anyways, I thought I would let you know that after a bit of research I have worked out that Mr El-Hasani does perform at least 2 bypasses a day at least 2 or 3 days a week for the NHS so maybe you can work it out from there? For instance, if he performs 6 ops in a week then that's at least 312 a year so I am sure your waiting list number doesn't seem so bad now - hope this helps :) xx

He does WLS under the NHS at two different hospitals (PRUH and Kings College) plus privately at Chelsfield.

Hello! I am afraid I don't know too much about the NHS journey as I was told I wouldn't be able to go on it as although my BMI was over 50 I didn't have any co-morbidities...... so, I scrimped and saved and went private.....anyways, I thought I would let you know that after a bit of research I have worked out that Mr El-Hasani does perform at least 2 bypasses a day at least 2 or 3 days a week for the NHS so maybe you can work it out from there? For instance, if he performs 6 ops in a week then that's at least 312 a year so I am sure your waiting list number doesn't seem so bad now - hope this helps :) xx
That sounds better, I guess with these type of things u just have to hang in there and hope it's sooner rather than later! The nurse, star, who said a year actually does the op's with him so I believed her but then obviously the sec knows his where abouts!
Thanks for your help.
VICKY x

saw dr el hasani in june last year went to meeting on 9 feb and went on list then and star said wait was 1 yr ,phoned sec and she said 3 yrs been told different things has got me really upset went to the dr to asked to refered somewhere else as ive already been waiting 8 months and another 3 yrs fear i would be dead my blood preasure sky high 190 over 110 dr sending me for more tests ,he was performing 36 a month last year but the sec said he is only performing 6 a month now .............

Good luck with the gp Ruth. To go from 36 to 6 per month seems a lot to drop. It would be so much easier on us if they actually gave us a date! Let us know how u get on.
VICKY x

El-Hasani waiting list

Hi
I had my consultation with Mr El-Hasani Monday, and have been advised that the process for a gastric bypass is 2 years!! :sigh:
I just wish I could pay to go private :cry:
Kim x

Back