• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band was a waste of my money!!!

hollywood30

So yesterday I had my fluid check to find out exactly whether something is wrong with my port and guess what? THERE IS. Just my luck !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant believe it, I am so angry and upset

Now Im waiting for a phone call to say when my x ray is, how long that will take god knows! How long does it take to pick up a phone? I am FUMING :mad:

I wish I would of never of got the band now wasted my money.

Rant over, sorry everyone.

Sorry to hear that, it's so disappointing when something like that goes wrong. Hopefully they will fix it and everything will go as it should do :)

Thanks, but Ive got a feeling theyll make me pay again,and i just dont have the money. Im supposed to have 6 months surgical cover but when the nurse mentioned my x ray she said it SHOULD be free but Im not sure. SHOULD?! PFFTTTTTTT

I'm so sorry, lets hope they have the decency to fix this for you. Six months surgical cover takes you upto November!

Take care xx

Exactly, I hope they do too but who knows. With the luck Ive got it seems unlikely. Thanks xx

Try and stay positive, easy to say I know. Don't let them fob you off either hun. Having the port repositioned/replaced is a fairly straight forward procedure (usualy a day case), I think Julie (Bluediamond) had it done. Hopefully she will see this xx

Am sorry to hear your news and hope that it gets sorted for you soon!

Hi there

Do you have a copy of your cover with them that states your covered for 6 months? If yes then they cannot retract/leave you , they have to fix this. Have they stated what is wrong with your port???? If its a flipped port try not to fret this happened to me, I went back in under local and I was seen and dealt within 2 weeks, I had the op and was home within the hour - trust me its not as bad as it seems ( although it did at the time,I thought of all the ppl it could happen to it happened to me, but 10 months after I had the port overturned I reached my weight loss goal. Wishing you all the best BD x

Thanks julie, I dont think I was given a copy of it although I still have the signed form I completed with the package details on it (it says it on there). No idea whats wrong with it till the xray, they think its the tube the port because fluid is going missing.

Nobodys still given me a date for my xray, spoken to numerous people and so has my mum (I know that sounds stupid but I am actually only a 20 year old girl and I wasnt getting any answers) They said to me yesterday my referral was done yesterday at 4pm, now theyre saying theyre doing it now? Doesnt make sense at all. So annoyed :( XX

I'm sure they will sort however as a precaution should this go another way use email and keep copies of contact as an audit trail otherwise it's your word against theirs in a court. X

thanks everyone, theyve finally given my appointment for next thursday, ill find out then hopefully what happens next. either way id imagine id have to get surgery again even if its only minor :( they said itll be free for my xray, said it like i should be greatful aswell LOL idiots x

I feel your frustration. I went for my first fill monday and they could not find it, told me it was tilted, injected me 8/9 times (lost count) told me I had a lot of scar tissue etc. Was sent on wednesday to London for an Xray fill and the doctor said the port is fine nothing at all wrong with it. But the upset and anxiety I had from Monday was horrific, we should not have to go through this. So I was left for days wondering if the port had flipped, if I would need surgery again, if they had pierced the tube of the port when trying to inject me, as I was told they do not attempt more than 3 times for this very reason. I mean it is not like I have the time and resorses to go driving all over the country for appointments and my husband had to take two days of work and my little one is disabled so had to have him looked after twice. I mean we are real people we have reall lives. All I want is to get what I paid for and if something goes wrong for them to be effient and prompt about it, not too much to ask is it? I feel for you, I really and truly do, not a nice wait for you at all...

Last edited:
Thanks bella, it's awful isn't it. Well today's the day will let u all know how I get on xx

Hiya everyone. I went on Thursday and the man who done the X-ray seems to think there's nothink wrong with it!! WTH? In glad of course just don't get it xx

I was thinking of you only this morning and wondering how you were doing. Good to hear that there's nothing wrong with it, but am sure it must make you think "WTH"?

Where do you go from here?

Thanks bella, it's awful isn't it. Well today's the day will let u all know how I get on xx

So how did you get on? Good new? :fingerscrossed:

Hiya everyone. I went on Thursday and the man who done the X-ray seems to think there's nothink wrong with it!! WTH? In glad of course just don't get it xx

I really have to learn to read the last page lol :eek:

Same thing happened when I got my xray, no problems.... I am getting another fill in a few weeks at the origional clinic and am a bit worried it is going to happen all over again :( But at least you do not have any leaks or flips that is great news. Did they give you a fill? Do you know how much you have in your band so far?

Back