• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band

I went to Dolan Park to have my assessment but had my bypass at BUPA in Solihull

Good luck, it'll all be over before you know it x

Hope your surgery went well and you are having a nice sleep! I had my surgery at Dolan Park, they were fantastic, really looked after me. Drink loads of peppermint tea for the wind!

We'll after all the waiting it's now done and in all honesty the pain really wasn't that bad I had no problem with wind the scars are very small(thank god) and I'm up walking about which was the hardest but I felt like I had to learn to walk all over again lol

No for the hard bit a very strict diet and with time some exercise yesterday before op the scales showed 20st6 I have set my self a target of 18st by the 1/7/14 for my holiday if I do more then great here we go

Thanks you all very much for all your support and answering some of my very bizarre questions over the last couple of weeks

Hope you are ok?

Yay, welcome to the losers bench. x

Welcome to the losers bench! I'm sure you'll smash your target, there's plenty of time!! X

Kirsty

Glad it went well, I am sure you will hit your first target after two months, make sure you rest up and take it easy over the next two weeks!

Little bit of help from you experienced banders I've been given a 14ml band with 5ml in it already I do t know if it's possible to have restriction or it's just a pain from the operation but when I drink any fluid I get a heavy feeling in the top left if my stomach I've been trying to sip my drinks and have only had 2 glasses of orange cordial and 1 cup of tea and a slim fast shake all day
I'm scared of over eating and don't know what to expect

you band is tight due to your operation, and you will have restriction, this is due to the swelling and it will go down shortly and you will be able to drink/eat soon. Try drinking your cordial warm/hot as it relaxes the band and make it easier to drink. plus you are not eating enough, try more milky drinks/soups and don't leave it more than 4 hours between meals. down load my fitness plan on your phone/computer, try to get your calories up, when I fluids I was having around 700 a day would of been more on slimfast but I cannot stand the stuff, now 1.5 months on I am hitting 1200 calories and losing 2-3 lbs a week. Hope this helps

Dan

Its very early days I had very little for the first few days. Hot milky drinks and lots of cordial. I also had very watery soup. You could well have some restriction already but a lot will be swelling. This is why the month after is very strict. Did they tell you how much fluid to aim for a day? They did before I left but remember you can always call them. I did lots of times. The first week is very odd, lots of little niggles and pains. Its still surgery after all, take lots of rest and gentle walking. I know you said you haven't suffered with wind pain but it could be some trapped wind.
Feel better soon.

Back