• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass 2016

Tina Rogers

Hi im due my gastric band surgery on monday 17th october 2016. Have been on the milk diet for 1 week and its horrible. Cant wait for it to be here and over with now.

Hello Tina,welcome to our group your nearly at the finish line think how far you have come then the real work begins post op! All the very best

Hello and welcome and also good luck for Monday!

Hello and welcome. Good luck for Monday.

Im a bit worried bout the fact that i smoke. Was told i had to give up in case of ulcers etc. But i havent been able to, wot with giving up food aswell. Im a bit of a worryer and and worried that they may be able to tell im still smoking by some test or other. Then say they wont operate. I plan to use e cig after surgery. I spoke to my bariatric nurse about it and she said they wudnt refuse the surgery but wud make u aware of the risks. I think im just getting paranoid. Any thoughts anyone??

I don't smoke myself, but when my sister had her bypass last year the lady in the bed next to her smoked, and admitted that to the surgeon. Her op did go ahead but he very plainly told her of the increased risks. So I suspect your nurse may be right.

Still wishing you luck.

Hello and welcome!

Are you having a band or a bypass? your post says band but the title bypass....

If you smoke, you will have much higher risks for serious complications during and after surgery. If you continue to smoke, you will be more likely to starve your heart of oxygen form blood clots in your veins etc. Yes its that serious, which is why they told you to give it up.

You need to be honest with your team so that they can monitor you accordingly, before and after the operation.

Good luck!

I recall my night before my op,had my sister staying over with me,I was beyond excited,house cleaned fridge stacked with good stuff, bins emptied,washing ironing beds made... Nothing to do! Just couldn't wait to start my new life.... I hope it's the same for you all the very best your new life is about to kick off!!

I recall my night before my op,had my sister staying over with me,I was beyond excited,house cleaned fridge stacked with good stuff, bins emptied,washing ironing beds made... Nothing to do! Just couldn't wait to start my new life.... I hope it's the same for you all the very best your new life is about to kick off!!

Hi im a little anxious and im starving from a week of milk only. I cud so easily stuff myself with chocolate but ive done so well this week wudnt let myself down now. Im just hoping after the op i wont feel hungry x

You will be fine I guess where I did soo much research spoke to heaps of people and above all knew it was the right decision for me I hadn't fears
It's normal to be nervous and you've done soo well it's the final hurdle to the finish line so stay strong,be proud of how far you have come and think about your new,smaller,healthier,and much happier life you have waiting for you it's going to be AMAZING!

I've been a smoker for 20 years and although I almost entirely stopped when I was pregnant I do intend to use this as an opportunity to quit over the duration of my journey. In fact that has helped sell it to my family! I'm already trying to cut down but it's harder to imagine myself as a non smoker than changing everything else!

Yeah i thought that too but the stress of it all and no food for a week its alot to give up. Im 1 day post op now and have only had 2 fags. More due to my mobility and going outside hosp. I feel terrible like i been kicked by a horse.it really isnt pleasant. Hope i dont regret it. But im sure it b fine wen im over the worst.

Oh I'm sure you won't regret it! You've already been through so much to get to this point and you've now taken a massive step towards a better future. You've got this x

Back