• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric bypass 2016

I can't pretend to know what I'm talking about as I am at the very start of this process but I can't wait to be where you are! I know it's easier said than done but stay strong and positive. Chin (or chins if I may!) up!

The only other surgery I've had before is a cesarean and my tonsils out. They were awful (especially the tonsils!). I'd be interested to hear how it compares to the cesarean in particular. I was up and about within hours as I was so determined to get home as soon as possible!

Well i was able to walk to toilet after bout 4hrs being bk on ward and they recommend u take a slow strole every 2 hours. They did say i wud feel a bit like i had broken ribs and i do. Hard to take a breath in. U get lots of air pumped into u too so u have bad trapped wind for few days to which doesnt help. Its more painful than i thought i must say. And tummy swells. 2nd day on liquidised food s ok but still havent had that full feeling so quick as they said i wud. Do actually feel like i cud eat more. But i think that comes with change of eating habits. Havent had to take no diabetes meds since the op which is good.x

That's wonderful about the meds. The first of many positive results I'm sure! I will he in the bathroom within hours putting my face on as I hate being in public without make up so that will spur me on!

Yes thankyou a little better but still very sore and ive been hungry which im a bit dissapointed about. I havent seemed to have the full feeling they bang on about yet. Im only 3 days post op and ive eaten a whole mashed banana tonight as well as small bits during the day.

Back